Hello

Avatar ByTrisidium

Hello

Welcome. As Mark Dickson suggested, this is a forum to discuss how the legacy of RTC can be honoured and continued.

The mechanics of how we move forward, if there is an appetite for it can be discussed freely.

Kicking off with no particular shopping list, I think that the key is that moderation is kept to a minimum, that people should by and large be encouraged to self moderate, and that the ethos put in place by RTC would be welcome.

In the post RTC era, I suspect that readership of any new blog will decrease. The consequence of that will hopefully be that there is less of what RTC called a fan site and therefore an easier to moderate situation.

I think that in the first instance, the site should look as close to RTC as possible to make people feel at home, but a name has to be found.

Suggested items for discussion;

Name for blog

Moderation policy

Moderation board members

Anything else πŸ™‚

Below, there is a poll to consider which of the three most popular names mentioned so far should be chosen for the blog. I’ll let the poll run until 1900 hrsΒ on Wednesday and we can move on from there to other more substantial matters.

Trisidium administrator

Trisidium is a Dunblane businessman with a keen interest in Scottish Football. He is a Celtic fan, although the demands of modern-day parenting have seen him less at games and more as a taxi service for his kids.

445 Comments so far

BayviewGoldPosted on8:10 pm - Jul 31, 2012

ok got through that hurdle! my suggestion would be succulent lamb, as with RTC the core of the blog was to reveal and undermine the Rangers situation and lack of reporting, here I think the root of the problem is our MSM has been and remains completely neutered and lacking of any basic investigative effort. I think these blogs replace the MSM and allow the democratic voice to be heard, succulent lamb is a reminder of the MSMs failure in all aspects of this sorry mess.. imho

TheBlackKnight TBKPosted on8:11 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Lord Wobbly on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Haha! Indeed.

I’ve gone all retro. It isn’t the antithesis of a Phoenixing or like The Curious Tale of Benjamin Button.

The ‘TBK’ was added because of a glitch in RTC site and setting up a wordpress account. It was also mildly grating, having had the moniker for several years, these Blue Knights turned up and tried to nick my acronym. Posters started referring to both me and The Blue Knights as TBK. almost as confusing as SEVCO RFC 2012/ *The Rangers

Back to the Original and Best, TBK πŸ˜‰

IPaddy McCourtPosted on8:13 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Test

iPaddy McCourtPosted on8:15 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Good luck with the site – it’s got to be called Succulent Lamb!

TheBlackKnight TBKPosted on8:16 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Lord Wobbly on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Oh, & it’s TheBlackKnight (or TBK assuming they wont be back) if you please πŸ™‚

iamacantPosted on8:17 pm - Jul 31, 2012

nowoldandgrumpy says:
July 31, 2012 at 8:07 pm

castalba ?

nowoldandgrumpyPosted on8:17 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Motherwell have come back really well and should have had a couple of goals.

iamacantPosted on8:23 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Clear feed

The Mighty Flash TMFPosted on8:25 pm - Jul 31, 2012

I like the lamb as a reminder of whence we came.

Whilst it may have not have much gravitas I also like the idea of “Internet Bampots” too.

I also hope, regardless of name, this all takes off.

There’s too many good things in its favour for it all to fail.

goosyPosted on8:25 pm - Jul 31, 2012

How about

The Hutton Enquiry

redetinPosted on8:27 pm - Jul 31, 2012

It can also be useful to have an “Unthreaded” topic, where people can post OT comments, stuff that comes up during the day that they want to draw attention to but is not the topic of the main thread.

Caveat Emptor

Caveat EmptorPosted on8:28 pm - Jul 31, 2012

As a lifelong Celtic supporter I am right now doing something I could not have predicted this time last year. I have just had the pleasure of discovering this blog while sitting in Fir Park thoroughly enjoying the start of Motherwell’s European adventure. Thanks to RTC and all the fantastic contributors, I am not the only ‘neutral’ in attendance. A lasting testament to RTC which deserves to be carried on and your latest venture PL, looks just the very fellow for the job. Consider the mantle ‘passed’.

riw1Posted on8:29 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Auldheid 7.45 :

I agree. While I can understand the attraction of “Succulent Lamb”, it is juvenile. If we antagonise, informed contribution will remain unheard by those we want to listen.Of the choices available, only “Scottish Football Monitor” gives clear description.

I don’t mean to offend anyone but we must look at the big picture. Scoring a cheap point doesn’t do that. The phrase also has less relevance the further away from Glasgow you go. If we are to be fully inclusive, have a name that is inclusive.

laughing TimPosted on8:30 pm - Jul 31, 2012

I quite like the name, The 1% Survivors. Still here and watching you.

Gym TrainerPosted on8:35 pm - Jul 31, 2012

How about “Sporting Integrity FC” as a title?

parttimearabPosted on8:37 pm - Jul 31, 2012

If we leave the name as “Scottish football corruption” isn’t there a danger that Stewart and Neil and Jabba and SDM will just keep visiting looking for tips?

Lord WobblyPosted on8:38 pm - Jul 31, 2012

TheBlackKnight TBK says:
July 31, 2012 at 8:16 pm
1 1 Rate This
Lord Wobbly on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 pm
Oh, & it’s TheBlackKnight (or TBK assuming they wont be back) if you please
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was just trying to slip a music reference in under the radar πŸ˜€

And it was shortlived anyway. You’re hanger on is back. I imagine you’re like Johnny Knoxville’s character in Men In Black πŸ˜€

tigertimPosted on8:39 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Whichever name is used must have the ability to be quoted by the press and on the radio.
Alec Thompson discussing the “Succulent Lamb” website will not bring many new people to view or join in. Neither will the “Scottish Football Corruption ” website which could be seen to be libelous. “ScottishFootball Monitor”, bit naff.
Without Fear or Favour sounds about right, should sum up the thought of those who post also.

nowoldandgrumpyPosted on8:40 pm - Jul 31, 2012

iamacant says:
July 31, 2012 at 8:23 pm
1 0 Rate This

Clear feed
———————–

Great feed thanks for that

Hoopy 7Posted on8:40 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Good Luck following on from RTC.
The humorist in me finds Succulent Lamb appealing but whatever you decide is ok so long as we follow the established rules and don’t let it become trivialised.

I for one do not think anything is over.
Cheers

AuldheidPosted on8:40 pm - Jul 31, 2012

If SFA reform is an aim (as well as tackling the MSM who back them) how about

Neither Fear Nor Favour..

I think it important that words used by the SFA themselves are included..

aramintamoobeamqcPosted on8:46 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Had to go for succulent lamb, in the absence of any reference to bampots.

Getting RTC withdrawal symptoms already – found myself listening to Clyde SSB earlier – *shudders* never again.

TheBlackKnight TBKPosted on8:48 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Goosy on July 31, 2012 at 8:25 pm
How about

“The Mutton Enquiry”

*****************************************************
Edited that for you Goosy πŸ˜‰

*unless Laird Wobbly beat mr to it πŸ™‚

MartbhoyPosted on8:50 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Wonder if RTC will post under another name ,hope so looking forward to this new blog

BayviewGoldPosted on8:51 pm - Jul 31, 2012

re the threaded versus non threaded question, there are pros/cons to both, the threaded version keeps the context, but the non-threaded is useful to keep ongoing discussions current in view without having to go back up to an original thread, my preference would be to use the non threaded a la RTC, I actually enjoyed the discovery of a reply and then having to backtrack to find the original,

tenerifetimPosted on8:52 pm - Jul 31, 2012

I feel like I’m cheating on my wife posting here ! Thanks for setting up this continuity blog to wean us off the dying embers of RTC, just when I thought I was going to get a life!
The MSM must have been breathing a sigh of relief with RTC suggesting the wrapping up of his epic , I just hope this blog and contributors keep up the high standards and monitor all that MSM choose to ignore and distort – New Media has shown how it can be done .
I look forward with anticipation to the future development of a new way of reporting on the development of Scottish Football!

Justin CasePosted on8:53 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Can I suggest

“Level Playing Field” as a name.

I think it embodies both what everyone wants and also the desire for inclusiveness on the blog itself.

droidPosted on8:53 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Name for blog it’s oor baw

Moderation policy peer / 3 strikes and out

Moderation board members ❓

BELLAMY1Posted on8:54 pm - Jul 31, 2012

In homage to the great pioneer shouldn’t the letters R.T.C. remain in the name eg. RememberTheCheating.com – just a suggestion – have a go folks

R….. T….. C…… .com I’m sure the skillful out there could come up with something

smallteaserPosted on8:56 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Auldheid says:
July 31, 2012 at 8:40 pm
3 0 Rate This
If SFA reform is an aim (as well as tackling the MSM who back them) how about

Neither Fear Nor Favour..

I think it important that words used by the SFA themselves are included.
==========================================================

That does it for me!

BayviewGoldPosted on8:57 pm - Jul 31, 2012

TheBlackKnight TBK says:
July 31, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Goosy on July 31, 2012 at 8:25 pm
How about

β€œThe Mutton Enquiry”

*****************************************************
Edited that for you Goosy πŸ˜‰

ok can I change my vote – this beats the poll choices, you have enquiry,lamb and pies – brilliant.

darkoonPosted on8:59 pm - Jul 31, 2012

If a new blog has to rise up I wish the moderators and posters every success.

I would like to suggest the following name if there is to be a search for one:

In Football We Trust

(Don’t think I need to add anything else)

bicho malo nunca muerePosted on9:00 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Surely it has to be ‘The Rangers Tax Case’ ? And many thanks whatever you call it.

droidPosted on9:01 pm - Jul 31, 2012

I would welcome a good practice section that identifies and elebrates the good in our game from team community initiatives, to media reporting and the accessibility and ACCOUNTABILITY of the authorities πŸ’‘

Regilives (@regilives)Posted on9:02 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Best of luck in carrying on the RTC flame chaps, or should I say chapeaux!

Not sure about the names so far- change SL to SL off the Menu.
My own preference would be Level Playing Field, as that is what is needed.

droidPosted on9:04 pm - Jul 31, 2012

couple of other titles –

they think it’s all over,,,,

Bammargedon

TMWTLPosted on9:05 pm - Jul 31, 2012

A point i have always wondered about during this farce has been the complete silence of the Tartan Army. I would imagine 95% or so of the TA follow a club side. The possibility of SevCo being given a full SFA licence on Friday will confirm the Scottish game as being bent. One final push is required to stop this farce continuing

Now if there is one thing that would terrify the beejesus out of Ogilvie, Reagan et al, is a promised boycott of Scotlands WC qualifiers if that licence was granted

Are there any TA members on here who could take it back to their message boards for consideration?

Lord WobblyPosted on9:05 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Justin Case says:
July 31, 2012 at 8:53 pm
Can I suggest
β€œLevel Playing Field” as a name.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But what about Doontheslope? How would he/she feel?

aramintamoobeamqcPosted on9:07 pm - Jul 31, 2012

bicho malo nunca muere says:
July 31, 2012 at 9:00 pm
1 0 Rate This
Surely it has to be β€˜The Rangers Tax Case’ ?
_________

*applause*

You officially win the internet for today.

internetbampottery

internetbampotteryPosted on9:09 pm - Jul 31, 2012

TheBlackKnight TBK, 8.48pm:

The Mutton Enquiry

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

parttimearabPosted on9:09 pm - Jul 31, 2012

probably not possible but any chance of a neutral indicator as well as the usual tu/td options if not sure or no opinion about a comment?
Think of it as the “not proven verdict” of the blogosphere.

dunloytimPosted on9:13 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Looking good hope this is as successfull as rtc

ThornlyboyPosted on9:18 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Still think ‘Not Walking Away’ or similar would be pretty good; not sure where I got the idea though. Good luck with the blog.

jonnyhoPosted on9:20 pm - Jul 31, 2012

R….T….C….Rotten To the Core ?

redetinPosted on9:21 pm - Jul 31, 2012

SUCCULENT LAMB
The Scottish Football Monitor
“Without fear or favour”

πŸ™‚

coineanachantaighePosted on9:30 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Motherwell two down. Can’t help but think they’d have done better with earlier preparation. Some players had done a proper preseason.

One thing that annoys me is I had to go and hvnt for the latest score (I admit yes not been listening to it) – it’s buried away well beneath latest transfer gossip in English leagues and other stuff.

A Scottish club playing for a Champions league place and the guys who run the Scottish media don’t think it’s worth more than a tiny bit of a web page and a duff radio commentary. Yet a 3rd division game is worth live broadcast and all the publicity they can give it.

I hope they got something from Greek TV (though I suppose they might be bust now).

rantinrobinPosted on9:30 pm - Jul 31, 2012

PL when is the poll coming up for the title?

Lord WobblyPosted on9:30 pm - Jul 31, 2012

What about ‘Fans Are Calling Time’?

A group of like minded fans of all clubs who are putting aside petty differences to call time time on corruption in favour of the pursuit of truth and the good of Scottish football.

CortesPosted on9:32 pm - Jul 31, 2012

“The Mutton Enquiry” excellent πŸ™‚

AuldheidPosted on9:33 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Justin Case says:

July 31, 2012 at 8:53 pm

That suggested title reminds me of an article published on Celtic Underground in May 2011

Now before anyone goes there remember the time it was published and the audience (Celtic fans) it was aimed at.

If you can get past the scene setting it actually contains a suggestion for putting pressure on the SFA via sponsors. The original draft was one put to the CST/CSA to come from them but there was insufficient focus at the time to make that happen, so the letters from individuals was a much less effective alternative. A letter expressing disatisfaction at the SFA and why from say Supporters Direct on behalf of all clubs would give supporters some commercial leverage that in turn would get them listened to.

It gives an idea of the kind of things that could be done if supporters get sufficiently organised via a central blog and recognised supporter’s groups are prepared to take the arguments and ideas formed on the proposed blog to the footballing authorities, using their representational status to do so and the acceptance of the McLeish report recommendations on supporters as stakeholders as their authority to demand to be heard.

AuldheidPosted on9:36 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Apologies folks for the number of my posts but I’ve been working at trying to get SFA reform since spring 2010 and I’m only sharing that experience for folk to use or discard as they see it.

riw1Posted on9:36 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Your Lordship, that could become a fact… πŸ˜‰ !

Galway JoycePosted on9:38 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Denny on July 31, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Many thanks, Denny. I hadn’t been aware of any fixture in the completion beyond Sunday … Guess I should’ve counted the ties and would’ve realised there was one missing ;-/

BBC site now listing it as Rangers v East Fife

Lord WobblyPosted on9:42 pm - Jul 31, 2012

riw1 says:
July 31, 2012 at 9:36 pm
0 0 Rate This
Your Lordship, that could become a fact… !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subtle eh? πŸ˜€

droidPosted on9:43 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Semper Vigilo ❓

Cracker ❓

smallteaserPosted on9:44 pm - Jul 31, 2012

If BroganRoganTrevino & Hogan/Stransky doesn’t post here I’m no hingin aroon!

nowoldandgrumpyPosted on9:48 pm - Jul 31, 2012

How about INTEGRITAS in FOOTBALL

smallteaserPosted on9:48 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Whats a pingback??

Lord WobblyPosted on9:53 pm - Jul 31, 2012

smallteaser says:
July 31, 2012 at 9:44 pm
0 0 Rate This
If BroganRoganTrevino & Hogan/Stransky doesn’t post here I’m no hingin aroon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That’s a tad unfair. There are many other worthy posters who will no doubt surface on here if they haven’t already. Give it a chance.

On that note, it would be good if more non-Celtic fans could be attracted to join in. Perhaps aim for at least one representative from EVERY club?

riw1Posted on9:55 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Your Lordship, the proverbial bargepole springs to mind ! Much as I’m for a serious name, I must concede “The Mutton Enquiry” is quite succulent !

Lord WobblyPosted on9:56 pm - Jul 31, 2012

smallteaser says:
July 31, 2012 at 9:48 pm
0 0 Rate This
Whats a pingback??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

riw1Posted on9:57 pm - Jul 31, 2012

The Mutton Enquiry
Succulent Lambs to the Slaughter

thebigcupPosted on9:57 pm - Jul 31, 2012

panic attacks since rtc announced (last post).new succulent lamb blog is my brown paper bag to breath into.ahhhhh,thats better.the fat ladies not singing yet,we must keep going, still work to be done.amen rtc.

BlindsummitPosted on9:58 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Sorry to go against what looks like the prevailing wind folks, but I really don’t like the idea of calling the blog sucullent lamb. It doesn’t really state clearly what the blog is about and it’s primary subject matter is. Especially to those who don’t get the joke, and while we all ken what it’s about, not everyone in the wide world out there will.

Just my 2d worth.

BayviewGoldPosted on9:58 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Lord Wobbly says:
July 31, 2012 at 9:53 pm

==================
well there is at least one from EFFC πŸ™‚ btw if the blog changes and people shift from RTC can it claim the RTC history? πŸ™‚

iamacantPosted on10:03 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Lord Wobbly says:
July 31, 2012 at 9:53 pm

————————————————————————————————————–

In my best University Challenge voice –

Ahem, iamacant, reading AFC1903 history, University college, Pittodrie. πŸ˜‰

bangordubPosted on10:03 pm - Jul 31, 2012

PL,
Definite groundswell for “The Mutton Enquiry”
I was a Succulent Lamb man but am warming to the idea of something a little more mature….
Can we add it in?

Lord WobblyPosted on10:04 pm - Jul 31, 2012

riw1 says:
July 31, 2012 at 9:55 pm
0 0 Rate This
Your Lordship, the proverbial bargepole springs to mind ! Much as I’m for a serious name, I must concede β€œThe Mutton Enquiry” is quite succulent !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah that Pesky TBK (he’s a Blue Knight dontcha know?! πŸ˜€ )

I sort of agree though. A snappy humerous name would be best but as good as The Mutton Enquiry is, is the continued fight mainly against the MSM? If so, its perfect.

Or is it more wide ranging? The MSM for sure, but what about the kind of boardroom deals that put the fan a distant last?

darkoonPosted on10:05 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Posted from rangerstaxcase

I would like to add my thanks to rangerstaxcase for all the effort he/she has made and for constructing such an educational blog. I would also like to thank all the posters who added to the value of the site, some of who had fantastic insight and knowledge of the shenanigans at Rangers. I have got to know which names to look for and which to quickly skim over with my eyes averted. ( you know who you are )

I have only posted about 6 times on the site but have somehow always felt part of the RTC community.

The only thing I would ask now is that if there is to be a new blog set up ( as proposed ) is that for the next wee while could posters possibly put comments in both blogs where appropriate to help with continuity and so important posts can reach as many people as possible.

campsiejoePosted on10:09 pm - Jul 31, 2012

A wee bit of campaigning
I don’t think Succulent Lamb would work as a name
To name the blog after something we are totally against, could be taken as some sort of approval
Just my thoughts

cuchulainnPosted on10:09 pm - Jul 31, 2012

hi fellow rtc fanatics. Good luck with the new venture. Will follow and maybe even post from time to time. Followed rangerstaxcase from around june 2011 til the present, didn’t post too much, as someone else was sure to say the same thing i wanted to say, only in a far more eloquent fashion. my first ever post on rtc was during the original mouldmaster discussion, so i had a chuckle to myself when Onand x3 asked for it to be copied and pasted again yesterday. As well as the knowledge imparted on the blog, some of the off-topic stuff was first class, and the humour was always brilliant. And as a celtic fan living in the irish republic, i don’t know too many rangers fans, but those on rtc were some of my favourite contributors and i hope they continue on the new blog.

Lord WobblyPosted on10:10 pm - Jul 31, 2012

iamacant says:
July 31, 2012 at 10:03 pm
0 0 Rate This
Lord Wobbly says:
July 31, 2012 at 9:53 pm
On that note, it would be good if more non-Celtic fans could be
attracted to join in. Perhaps aim for at least one representative
from EVERY club?
————————————————————————————————————–
In my best University Challenge voice –
Ahem, iamacant, reading AFC1903 history, University college,
Pittodrie.
~~~~~~~~
That sounds like Midgers. That you Midgers?

riw1Posted on10:13 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Lord Wobbly says:
July 31, 2012 at 10:04 pm
0 0 Rate This
riw1 says:
July 31, 2012 at 9:55 pm
0 0 Rate This
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah that Pesky TBK (he’s a Blue Knight dontcha know?! )

————————————–

I agree your Lordship. Been banging on all day for a wider remit & if we want valued contributions heard, a responsible inclusive name.

Picking up on one of your other points :

I am not a Celtic supporter !

What is a title anyway & how do you strip it ?

iamacantPosted on10:17 pm - Jul 31, 2012

Lord Wobbly says:
July 31, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Who’s Midgers? A relative from the North East?

I’m just a dandy for my sins.

ollielogiePosted on10:20 pm - Jul 31, 2012