Mr Green and Opportunity Knocks— For Aberdeen?

Bybroganrogantrevinoandhogan

Mr Green and Opportunity Knocks— For Aberdeen?

Good Morning,

In the last week, we have seen a number of strange occurrences in Scottish Football, which if taken together might just point to a very different land than the one we were lead to believe we live in just two short years ago.

First of all there was the report from a firm of well known accountants which pronounced that a significant number of Scottish Football Clubs had, in fact, sold more season tickets for this coming season than they had in the course of the last several years.

Then we had the spectacle of the National team travelling to Wembley and playing very well AND being cheered on by a very large travelling support who appear to have been full of fun and who acquitted themselves well in the big smoke.

This morning I read that today’s match at Pittodrie is a sell out — with the old stadium being packed to the rafters for the visit of Celtic. This is the first time that Aberdeen have been able to sell out the fixture for some 6 years!

Not only that, various Celtic supporting websites have lead with articles saying that the return of a strong Aberdeen and Dundee United are to be welcomed– in fact not only welcomed but positively wished for.

In contrast, stories abound about the in fighting on the Ibrox Board. There are surreptitious share dealings and all sorts of company jockeying being deployed by the rival factions who are trying to gain control of The Rangers. Further, there is the suggestion from some well informed parties that not only will Ibrox and the Albion be sold and leased back to the club to generate much needed immediate cash, but that Murray Park has been sold off completely and will no longer be available to The Rangers for any purpose whatsoever!

Clearly, there are big troubles at the club which will not assist in the stated intention of rising to the very top in Scottish Football.

In between all of this, the debate goes on about Campbell Ogilvie, Press manipulation, the correspondence  between Media House and the SFA, and between The SFA and Ibrox re the relationship between Charlie Green and Craig Whyte and so on.

Standing with my business hat on, I looked at all of this and wondered what it all meant, and pretty quickly reached the conclusion that we are now in a time of supreme opportunity for some of the clubs in Scottish Football—- particularly Aberdeen FC.

There is a view abroad, that in the absence of the “Strong Rangers” that Celtic Football Club will win the SPFL title for almost evermore — or at least until they are toppled from the top spot by the rise of a strong Rangers club somewhere towards the end of this decade or early in the next– because we are assured that they will be back– in one form or another– in a rather Arnold Schwarzenegger  like fashion.

That return or initial rise if you like– its timing and its manner— is dependent on a number of things– not least the exit strategy of Charlie Green and his cohorts.

If it is true that The Rangers are going to part company with Ibrox and the Albion, that they have taken on a loan of funds which attract a rate of interest that amounts to 15% per annum, and that there are set figures for buying the old ( and decaying ) stadium back any time soon, and that they have yet again hawked the season ticket money, then the already flawed Ibrox business plan is burdened even more by interest and rent payments of an additional £3M per annum and rising!

It should also be noted that the accounts for old co from the mid naughties onwards boasted that season ticket sales, merchandising, corporate hospitality and so on had reached unprecedented levels—- but—- the club still did not make an operating profit without strange internals transactions such as the repurchase of media rights which added £15M on to the P&L’s AND the sale of Jean Alain Boomsong!

Accordingly, the current position will not make for good financial reading.

So– let’s presume that in the current climate Celtic are out of sight and will always be champions for ever and a day. What do the rest of the clubs say in the absence of the Ibrox club without whom they have been told they will perish?

Well, If I were in charge of Aberdeen FC I would look out across a city with an inherent population of some 220,000 souls sitting in a county which takes the population up by another 40,000 or so. I would note that the compact city also houses two universities and a number of colleges — all of which attract visitors to the city— and that its position as the oil capital of Europe also draws in a substantial number of itinerant workers.

Further, personal knowledge shows that many who studied at Aberdeen University or Robert Gordon’s in the 80’s left the city as Aberdeen FC fans and no matter where they have ended up in life they still make the journey back to Pittodrie when they can– especially in good times!

Alas, however, Aberdeen has not enjoyed ” Good Times” of late— in fact not really since ……….. the arrival of David Murray at Ibrox!

If you cast your mind back to the pre Murray era, Aberdeen were a force not only in Scotland but Europe as the recent nostalgia re Gothenburg has reminded us.

The city has an economic micro climate which suggests that it can ride economic hardship better than most and so all things considered this current period provides a great opportunity for the Dons.

Unlike Dundee United, Hearts, and Hibs, Aberdeen FC sits in a large one team conurbation and should be on the doorstep of a populace which can fill Pittodrie every single week …… IF that fan base can be motivated.

And there lies the rub– how do you get a notoriously fickle fan base out of the armchair and into the stadium?

The late Bob Crampsey once described Pittodrie by saying ” And there are the masses of Aberdeen fans, masquerading as rows and rows of Empty seats!” yet in their heydey an Aberdeen crowd on a visit to Glasgow were among the noisiest– and to this football fans eyes — the scariest ( in a good sense ) supports to be seen.

Well, at this juncture, Derek McInnes and team need only look at every other football club in the land ( bar Celtic ) and determine that come next May those others will be below them in the league. If Aberdeen maintain a strong league run keeping everyone behind them then there is the possibility of a huge revenue swing in favour of the Dons– such a swing that would put them in an even stronger position for the following year.

Further, Aberdeen are a European name. Perhaps a European name from yesteryear and not the recent past, but the pedigree is there and as such there will be those who remember the heady European Nights both home and away. Reviving those memories and that reputation– at least to an extent– is not beyond the club, and with no disrespect to Motherwell and St Johnstone both of whom are liable to lose key players or even a manager between seasons, Aberdeen may just be of a size to consolidate each year rather than scramble to maintain the momentum of one good season which comes along every now and then.

Financial management and football rewards can go hand in hand when combined properly, and of all the clubs in Scotland who can benefit from a level playing field in terms of proper football governance, Aberdeen FC are uniquely placed in my opinion.

That is not so say that The Arabs, or the Hibees or anyone else cannot benefit– on the contrary— but the Dons are the most obvious candidates in terms of potential structure to really motor forward and regain a by gone status.

Such a situation, and the recognition of that potential, should be borne in mind by all at Celtic Football Club, as last year they struggled for a period in the league while they concentrated on their European exploits. If Celtic want to go further and further in Europe ( and why shouldn’t they ) they will have to be wary of any club which is capable of reigniting its fortunes from a lowly position or a position of having to look back at glory and potential glory rather than looking forward.

Further, with the way things are being organised at Ibrox, there is absolutely no guarantee ( some would say likelihood ) that an eventual challenge to a perceived dominance by Celtic will come from that quarter, and life in the top flight for any returning Rangers could prove very difficult if the likes of Aberdeen get their act together and start to produce the type of home grown team of old.

For now, I sense a degree of optimism about the Dons– not just on the playing front either.  They have a fan base, they have a business model and a good young manager, and any comparative business exercise must conclude that they have every chance of rising above most of their rivals in the league, in terms of revenue, in terms of brand development and business expansion.

If I were an Aberdeen fan I would like to think positive and be ambitious in this climate, whilst at the same time casting an eye back to the days when they were top of the tree.

As one Aberdeen supporting ( but now Edinburgh based ) friend put it to me:

” Ah, those were the days my friend, those were the days……………”

broganrogantrevinoandhogan author

Boot wearing football, sport & total nonsense fan-- Gourmet, Bon Viveur and eedgit! - Oh and I write a bit occasionally!

2,310 Comments so far

martin cPosted on9:33 pm - Sep 1, 2013

TSFM says:
September 1, 2013 at 9:01 pm
0 2 Rate This

The new audio from CtH is tacky and sordid, and adds nothing whatsoever to the discussion. In fact any credibility that CtH may have earned up to now will surely be damaged. These snippets reveal Charlotte to be petty, vindictive, spiteful and salacious.

Given the insistence in the 5WA that Sevco should undertake not to seek legal remedies over disputes with the authorities, there is a readily arrived at inference that someone at the SFA or SPL had been guilty of some kind of wrongdoing at worst or of behaviour unacceptable to the public. I can’t believe that the audio library from where these nasty wee bits of gossip emanate does not include recorded conversations with the SFA or SPL.

If CtH is really an altruistic or outrages whistleblower, she would be better served by publishing matters relevant to this instead of what the agenda-led cherry-picking that is nothing more than a thinly disguised attempt at extortion or revenge.

My take is that CtH is now seriously tainted, however potentially important any subsequent revelations may be.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Is this crushing of reputations by the PR back door? I do think there is more to this than simple extortion or revenge.

Warning shots fired at those currently in the fray, Why do we have 2 PR companies and a DOC. Those guys from DandP are no longer in the public eye. The tapes stink!

My conclusion is this is what the PR men do in the tabloids. . . anything you can do, i can also do?

We had the warning from JI re the McColl group.

essexbeancounterPosted on9:34 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Barcabhoy says:

September 1, 2013 at 5:20 pm

The incompetent self serving duplicitous nature of the SFA is perfectly exemplified here

The SFA are completely unfit for business. They are a conflicted, shot organisation. Scottish Football ( our national sport) will never properly progress as long as this organisation is headed by Campbell Ogilvie, and run by Stewart Regan , who is proving to be an incompetenent
===============================================================================
This may not be in the right context of the current turmoil affecting the game in Scotland, accurately portayed by Barcabhoy’s description of the ruling body, the SFA, as incompetent (I paraphrase for sake of brevity)
However, I am reminded of the words of Hugh McIlvanney, the last of the real Scottish football writers…”It is only a game…” (spoken in the context of the war in Sarajevo, if I recall correctly)
But when that game happens to be the national sport, as it is in this case, shurely Scottish people deserve better.
As I have posted on here before, I weep for my city and my country

ecobhoyPosted on9:37 pm - Sep 1, 2013

We know from previous emails/audio how close the relationship was between members of MCR + D&P so the latest clips add nothing IMO.

I might have no sympathy for the likes of DG and hopefully he and others will be dealt with for any professional failings but a lot of people are identified in these tapes who have absolutely nothing to do with shedding light on the Rangers story. They, their children, family and friends could all be hurt by the material.

A poster seemed to suggest that the end justified the means and another posed the question about whether I would I feel differently if it turned-out CW had been gathering material to blackmail people to get his own way. I have seen no evidence or suggestion that any ‘blackmail’ happened or worked because he ended up being stiffed.

However the tapes could still have been used with identifying detail removed for people not directly involved and some of the salacious comment deleted.

Sometimes innocent people end-up getting dragged into the limelight and it can’t be helped but that isn’t the case here. Personally I will be very circumspect in future about using or referring to CF material as I know where the ‘line’ is in terms of basic human decency and no matter how keen I am to nail those who have so badly damaged Scottish Football I know the end doesn’t necessarily justify the means and to ignore that is to demean our selves and the noble task many here are attempting.

Football is a game it isn’t life or death – And TSFM ain’t the SUN. And I can assure you I ain’t no prude ❗

borussiabeefburgPosted on9:37 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Charlotte’s last few tweets, just prior to them being wiped wholesale on Friday, were sympathetic and complimentary, as I recall, towards the financial team at Ibrox in making lower payments to Rapid Vienna and Hearts, and in securing an early payment from Soton for Steven Davies.

Then, over a period of time, all messages disappeared, and the avatar (is that what it’s called?) changed to a gagged lady rather than the seeker of truth. Correct me if I’m mistaken in any of this so far.

Now, it would have been easier to close the account, you’d imagine, if this was done by Charlotte. And I doubt that had a malicious element deleted the tweets and altered the avatar, it would have taken so relatively long. However, I believe Charlotte did delete all her own tweets, as a diversion.

To my mind, the actions on that Twitter account are entirely staged, and have been fully carried out by the account holder, Charlotte. And Charlotte is closely related to Craig Whyte, who isn’t working to the same agenda as most/any of us here on SFMonitor.

The Charlotte stuff is perhaps interesting, but it will only be incidental if items released bring down any of our superb football administrators. All in my simple opinion, of course.

(edit, as I added sentence re Charlotte deleting her own tweets)

Tif FinnPosted on9:38 pm - Sep 1, 2013

TSFM says:
September 1, 2013 at 9:33 pm

=========================

I genuinely could not disagree more, these are the most damning revelations I have heard with regard the joint administrators. It shows them for what they were and provides clear unambiguous motivation for what they did. It also shows that they were liars right from the start.

If you have heard more damning material then you have heard things that I have not.

essexbeancounterPosted on9:40 pm - Sep 1, 2013

TSFM says:

September 1, 2013 at 9:23 pm
but mainly because erudite and articulate ex-footballers are a bit thin on the ground.
=================================================================================TSFM as always you are the epitome of discretion, but shurely you cannot be referring to such ace contributors to the “meeja” as Derek Johnstone, Mark Hately, Craig Burley and a host of similar non-entities?…shame on you!…this can only be likened to pulling teeth, and without an anaesthetic…!

I deliberately exclude the meeja’s favourite “bookworm” Pat Nevin, who is hardly worthy of mention on account of his “nonentiness”.
__________________________________________________________________________-

EBC..
I agree with you almost completely. Right up to the bit where you mention Nevin
———————————————————————————————————————
TSFM as would be said at Prime Minister’s Question Time…..” I refer the honourable gentleman to the honourable Chelsea fans on the benches opposite…”

TSFMPosted on9:43 pm - Sep 1, 2013

martin c says:

September 1, 2013 at 9:33 pm (Edit)

____________________________________________________________________________

I have to say that my initial reaction was it was a warning to pay up or face further humiliation (much like – very like – the CW stuff released to the Sun). Why has there been no nuclear event? Because dropping the bomb means that the bearer of the information loses all power.

I have no doubt that there is evidence on these tapes which will condemn people in high places. Are we seriously of the belief that Whyte did not record conversations when the alleged plan to keep Sevco in the SPL was being hatched?

I think Charlotte has finally outed herself as a woman with a crowbar, carefully trying to exert some leverage. She has successfully attained some real notoriety and a pretty large audience. I ask myself, particularly as these drip-drip patterns repeat themselves, why is everyone ignoring her?

Do I trust Stuart Cosgrove and Alex Thomson – or do I buy the CtH farm?

Guess what the answer is? 🙂

SmugasPosted on9:47 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Been following for a while without ability to post so apologies for the random replies.

Fergus’s blues – I have to be honest, I’ve felt exactly the same way as him as regards football. Funnily enough though whilst my reaction has been to virtually turn my back on my SPL club, it has reinforced my TSFM patronage, no question. The 5WA posts including analysis today have just been, well, awesome.

Whilst on the 5WA I was always stunned that RFC in whatever guise accepted it as it was clearly described at the time that newco would accept all punishments of oldco. That this subsequently didn’t happen, in fact Bryson tried to ensure that it wasn’t an issue anyway, is what has given the current RFC the foothold they needed. I’m in agreement that the odd reverse confidentiality clause has an iffy odour about it, and the ticketus suggestion seems the most plausible.

But, on the subject of footholds, I am also in the camp that RFC (in whatever guise) should be given the SFL3 berth. Commerciality did have to kick in somewhere. Commerciality survives on winners and losers. That the powers that be (whether clubs, establishment, whatever) offered the berth meant someone, newRFC won so someone had to lose. It couldn’t be the other clubs (visually at least) so that only leaves our dear friends CO, SR and ND. The real world, the one that accepts grubby little deals needed blood, fall guys if you will. Yet the three sit there as though its all been a bad dream, nothing to see here, and certainly nothing to do with them.

They remain the reason that I am more likely to meet Fergus on the 14th Green, than I am to watch senior football in Scotland in the foreseeable future.

essexbeancounterPosted on10:04 pm - Sep 1, 2013

martin c says:

September 1, 2013 at 8:53 pm

I did laugh at the reference to the “Griffin”assuming its the one on Bath Street opposite The KIngs Theatre. Took me back to when i stayed in Baird Hall (The Beresford) as a young undergraduate. There was a great old Glasgow Dame who ruled the bar. A no nonsense approach to young students or theatre lovies, something that is missing in this whole saga.
==========================================================================
Martin….way OT but when were you at Baird Hall?
I served part of my CA apprenticeship within walking distance of the Griffin, so it was lunch and dinner sessions then off to the Shenaz for a snack.
I still insist on visting the Griffin on my few visits back home.

ecobhoyPosted on10:19 pm - Sep 1, 2013

essexbeancounter says:
September 1, 2013 at 10:04 pm
martin c says:
September 1, 2013 at 8:53 pm
=========================================

I’ll be badboy as well and go totally OT. But I had some law lectures at Pitt Street and spent many a happy hour in The Griffin in the wee glassed-in snug with the fire. Better than going back to a freezing bedsit in the winter. Then across the road to the Italian cafe – can’t remember the name – brilliant family-run place, cheap with huge portions. I’m salivating thinking of the ashet pie, beans and heaps of chips.

And if a bit flush and with a burd it was downstairs in the State Bar in Holland Street where Vera always gave me extra (food) when I got a steak dinner because she said I needed fattened-up. Happy memories of that wee corner of Glasgow and the jazz club near the top of the hill going up to Garnethill.

HirsutePursuitPosted on10:36 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Charlotte Fakeovers ‏@CharlotteFakes 5h
“Oldco waives all fees due to it from the SPL, which will be distributed as fees to SPL clubs this season as additional fee payments”

Charlotte Fakeovers ‏@CharlotteFakes 5h
Re Prev Tweet. Why did Duff and Phelps agree to this at the expense of RFC creditors. Asset sale was already an agreed non negotiable deal.

Charlotte Fakeovers ‏@CharlotteFakes 2h
Not intended as a kiss and tell type story, but who else was getting screwed by Duff and Phelps?

Craig Whyte stars as the Joker.

Whilst the audio tapes seem somewhat random and salacious in nature, the intent (I think) is clear.

Taking these tweets together, CF appears to be saying that by signing off on the 5-way-agreement D&P failed to act in the old club’s creditors best interest.
[I’m not sure that is actually true; but it appears to be what CF thinks is true]

I’m not convinced that she is suggesting outright extortion – she may be simply connecting D&P’s part in the 5-way-agreement to David Grier’s personal relationship with Craig Whyte. But whatever influence he had, it seems clear to me that CF thinks that D&P failed in their official duty and instead were acting in favour of Craig Whyte.

This is interesting because the 5-way-agreement came about long after Craig Whyte became aware that he had been “duped” by Charles Green in the Sevco 5088/ Sevco Scotland switcheroo.

So, if as suggested, Craig Whyte was a beneficiary of the 5WA, then how did he actually benefit??

Perhaps CF has further info to share. 😐

ringostarPosted on11:10 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Any reason to wonder why CtH released the 5wa after the transfer window shut yesterday?
Seems a bit too neat.

tomtomPosted on11:11 pm - Sep 1, 2013

I hate you Essex. 👿 Mere mention of the Shenaz has awakened memories from long ago. Whatever became of that lovely lass?

I’m off to cry into a glass of wine about what could have been.

essexbeancounterPosted on11:17 pm - Sep 1, 2013

ecobhoy says:

September 1, 2013 at 10:19 pm

essexbeancounter says:
September 1, 2013 at 10:04 pm
martin c says:
September 1, 2013 at 8:53 pm
=========================================

Eco…while we are OT….Pitt Street…snooker hall in the basement…law lectures from Campbell (no not Ogiilvie!) and Chalkie… Prof Isaac Miller. The Equi coffee house in Sauchiehall St or the Kings Cafe opposite the Griffiny/Griffinette…the State bar – alleged drug den…name of jazz club is now escaping my ageing grey cells..must retire now to my little bed…hoping jazz club name will return as I sleep!

Apologies to all for OT!

jean7brodiePosted on11:18 pm - Sep 1, 2013

tomtom says:
September 1, 2013 at 11:11 pm

To continue OT…
Shish Mahal, Gibson Street was my haunt from 1974 onwards. Oops that makes me about 94 years old!!!!

briggsbhoyPosted on11:19 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Just listened to one of the tapes and interestingly if you look at the peaks and troughs you know where CW is going to speak without even listening. Every time he talks we see the high bars. He obviously taped the calls and I asked myself would you ever want to be in his company, he sounds very false when trying to be sincere, the man has more faces than the toon clock.

CastofThousandsPosted on11:26 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Smugas says:
September 1, 2013 at 9:47 pm

“…CO, SR and ND. The real world, the one that accepts grubby little deals needed blood, fall guys if you will. Yet the three sit there as though its all been a bad dream, nothing to see here, and certainly nothing to do with them.”
——————————
That comment triggered a thought I had earlier, aided by ecobhoys emphasis on the bar to legal action against the SFA in Charlotte’s 5 way agreement..

The SFA had this clause precluding legal action by Richard Hughes (Zeus), inserted into the agreement. By implication there must have been a risk that such legal action would indeed have been ventured, for why else would such a clause be required. For Hughes to accept this stipulation would therefore have deprived him with a course of redress that was considered viable.

So was Hughes in a magnanimous frame of mind that day and decided to accept the SFA’s closing off of this particular implied access to redress. Did the three bears provide him with particularly tasty porridge that put his commercial sensibilities to sleep? Or was some form of ‘consideration’ made to compensate Mr. Hughes for his perceived loss?

essexbeancounterPosted on11:27 pm - Sep 1, 2013

tomtom says:

September 1, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I hate you Essex. Mere mention of the Shenaz has awakened memories from long ago. Whatever became of that lovely lass?

I’m off to cry into a glass of wine about what could have been.
==========================================================================
Tomtom…me bad…. sorry.
I trust you got over it/her

I have just stirred a hornet’s nest of my own memories…!

Jean…Shenaz vs. Shish was an old battleground…best not to go there…!

CitibhoyPosted on11:28 pm - Sep 1, 2013

The Griffin Craig alludes to is I would guess the one located at 125 Clerkenwell Road
It’s at the value end of City Fringe strip bars !

essexbeancounterPosted on11:32 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Citibhoy says:

September 1, 2013 at 11:28 pm

It’s at the value end of City Fringe strip bars !
=========================================================================
Citybhoy….I know it in passing, but never managed to get out of the car and into it…something to do with Mrs Essexbeancounter’s wish to get home to Essex…!

coineanachantaighePosted on11:35 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Madbhoy24941 says:
September 1, 2013 at 8:59 pm
—————-
Exiledcelt says:
September 1, 2013 at 8:32 pm
The SFA did not close the window early, they just didn’t extend it when given the option. I see nothing wrong with that.
==========================================
I don’t think it’s quite as clear cut as that, though it may have been thoughtlessness (about needs of Scottish clubs) rather that any conspiracy. I think this is a reasonable report on it:

Edit: I see I’m late with this, hopefully the link is of interest.

CitibhoyPosted on11:44 pm - Sep 1, 2013

EBC
The only time I have been in it was with CitiGhirl….
We didn’t stay long !

ExiledceltPosted on11:46 pm - Sep 1, 2013

coineanachantaighe says:

September 1, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Your quote makes it seem as if I posted that – I did not

Banners to the BreezePosted on11:48 pm - Sep 1, 2013

Eco, Essex, Martin etc …
I’ll also need to put my hand up to frequenting those fine establishments. ( the Kings cafe eco ?) Conspiracy anyone?

paulsatimPosted on11:49 pm - Sep 1, 2013

essexbeancounter says:
September 1, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Wasnt Lenehan and Scott on Bath St, by any chance?

Paulmac2Posted on12:22 am - Sep 2, 2013

So the SFA decide to chanage their approach to the transfer window?

Their previous position was …”we do not wish to disadvantage scottish clubs”…thus leaving the window open in line with many other associations on the 1st of September due to the 31st of August falling on a Sunday…

Will anyone in the SMSM ask the question publicly…WHY?

The transfer window should have remained open….and if SEVCO wanted to buy a player…then so be it…the SFA could have easily have blocked it….forcing SEVCO to do one of 2 things…accept it or…go to UEFA/FIFA…that would have been interesting.

So is this what the SFA were affraid of?…I doubt it!

Or was it to spare SEVCO?…Again I doubt it…

The question needs asked of the SFA why?…fear or protection?….we need to know…Scottish football has been severly disadvantaged by this sudden change in behaviour and decision.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is a soft attempt from the SFA to show they are standing up to SEVCO whilst knowing the only clubs that will be really affected are those in the top division or still competing in Europe…SEVCO do neither.

ExiledceltPosted on4:49 am - Sep 2, 2013

On another topic

James Forrest ‏@LaytonBhoy 12h
Rangers embrace of the military plumbed a desperate new low this weekend
RT, share, debate, discuss

Below are the links to the photos of the family in the directors box and flags, just to show it happened as well….

Danish PastryPosted on7:17 am - Sep 2, 2013

ecobhoy says:
September 1, 2013 at 9:37 pm
14 18 Rate This

————–

You’re right ecobhoy, though I’m not sure this has anything to do with football, as we know it.

What it does show us is that these people’s financial ethics were perhaps open to manipulation, as you suggest. I would have thought that it takes more than some petty cash to set your lover up with a flat in London or Spain. Some people could conclude all sorts of scenarios from what’s on these audio clips. But the over-riding theme is that these main characters were all pals and not just some disparate collection of indiviuals.

TSFM is not releasing this stuff, we’re trying to make sense of it. If it is merely CW getting his own back, that in itself is possibly noteworthy, and not just squirrels at 12 o’clock. But if the people being talked about are the same people who ran that bizarre admin period, well, it takes on a different complexion once again.

upthehoopsPosted on7:22 am - Sep 2, 2013

Just briefly watching Sky Sports on the last day of the transfer window…except if you’re Scottish. Why do the SFA always have to be different?

– They have a different transfer deadline
– They don’t believe in goal line technology
– Their Referees generally add less added time than in other leagues
– They completely and utterly ignore the fans, who are the lifeblood of the game
– They deny an individual the basic right of freedom of speech

I could go on, but have decided not to polarise the debate and keep it more general. There should be a public enquiry into that organisation in my opinion.

coineanachantaighePosted on7:43 am - Sep 2, 2013

Exiledcelt says:
===============
Apologies then but entirely unintentional. Just cut out too much when I edited down the post.

yakutsukiPosted on7:49 am - Sep 2, 2013

Exiledcelt says:
September 2, 2013 at 4:49 am
———————————————————————————————————————
Wow, just feckin WOW! After checking out these Willie Vasse photos from Ibrox, I was stunned, very stunned.
My shock levels have reached heights I never knew existed. Perhaps depths would be more accurate in this case.

So sad for Lee Rigby’s family to be pawns in this point scoring exercise. I’m sitting here shaking my head
as I type. Not in anger, not in frustration, but genuine sadness and extreme disappointment at my fellow humans.

Why the hell did TRFC rubber stamp this? My God, I can’t find words in the English language to express how I feel just now. Sorry if this seems melodramatic, but I’m still shaking my head in disbelief as I prepare for work.

torrejohnbhoyPosted on7:51 am - Sep 2, 2013

Charlotte Fakeovers ‏@CharlotteFakes 3m

Who was looking to take advantage of negative Rangers news then and at the expense of shareholders? http://i.imgur.com/XZY4XIL.jpg

essexbeancounterPosted on8:27 am - Sep 2, 2013

paulsatim says:

September 1, 2013 at 11:49 pm

essexbeancounter says:
September 1, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Wasnt Lenehan and Scott on Bath St, by any chance?
========================================================================
Paul…I had better plead “the Fifth Amendment” on that one…but do PM me and….
But on my last visit to Glasgow, (to the Griffin of course!), the practice had gone, leaving me wondering….

Apologies fellow posters…no more OT!

scottcPosted on8:38 am - Sep 2, 2013

Just listened to all that audio. I kind of agree that it doesn’t add anything to the story albeit they may say something about the characters involved. For those looking to place the conversation in a timeline they took place between April and July 2012.

Danish PastryPosted on8:47 am - Sep 2, 2013

scottc says:
September 2, 2013 at 8:38 am
1 0 Rate This

—————-

You think during the actual admin process then? How do you place them so precisely? Why not late 2011?

scottcPosted on8:50 am - Sep 2, 2013

Danish Pastry says:
September 2, 2013 at 8:47 am
0 0 Rate This
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wedding mentioned in one of them took place in late March/early April 2012 and the baby from that union was due in July 2012

Danish PastryPosted on8:52 am - Sep 2, 2013

torrejohnbhoy(@johnbhoy1958) says:
September 2, 2013 at 7:51 am
4 0 Rate This

Charlotte Fakeovers ‏@CharlotteFakes 3m

————–

Excuse my ignorance. Would this imply that he (i) actually owned shares, as one of the unnamed investors? Or that he (ii) was looking to do a quick ‘buy and sell’, or was he (iii) just betting? (If it in fact happend.)

Danish PastryPosted on8:55 am - Sep 2, 2013

scottc says:
September 2, 2013 at 8:50 am
1 0 Rate This

Danish Pastry says:
September 2, 2013 at 8:47 am
0 0 Rate This
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

————

Bravo! Now that is attention to detail.

scottcPosted on8:57 am - Sep 2, 2013

Danish Pastry says:
September 2, 2013 at 8:52 am
0 0 Rate This

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He would not have to own shares to short them. He would presumably do it through a broker.

scottcPosted on8:59 am - Sep 2, 2013

Danish Pastry says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The thing that does strike me about the conversation is how friendly CW and DG still were although things had, by this time, started to go askew. I imagine therefore that the conversation was early in my timeframe.

borussiabeefburgPosted on9:08 am - Sep 2, 2013

It would be interesting to know the date of most recent CF document re share shorting. From reading that, it appears to be a clear indication Whyte was still involved last Autumn 2012. This to my untrained mind.

wottpiPosted on9:15 am - Sep 2, 2013

yakutsuki says:
September 2, 2013 at 7:49 am
17 0 i Rate This
Exiledcelt says:
September 2, 2013 at 4:49 am

The back story is of course that in the pre season against Sheffield Wednesday T’Rangers fans unfurled a flag in memory of Lee Rigby who I assume was a Wednesday fan. The Wedneday fans loved it. The Rigby family were touched by it and thanked the fans and thus it was taken forward with them being invited to Ibrox and apprently they were going to be presented with the flag.

Personally, as long as fans of other teams shout scream and display banners that have hee haw to do with football then T’Rangers are no worse than anyone else.

In fact football, in all its guises, gets used as a medium for the out pouring of public grief or political point scoring that is very rarely seen in other sporting events. It is the people’s game but it should be that – a game.

wottpiPosted on9:21 am - Sep 2, 2013

A wee thought to give some balance to how football is (mis) treated because it is the people’s game and thus use this for my own political ponts scoring 🙂

The Gareth Bale record transfer hits the headlines and the news commentary includes automatic reference about how can one person be worth this much, how can Real in recession hit Spain afford it etc.

Can anyone remind me the last time a news item questioned if Woods, Federer, Murray, Vettel, Bolt etc were worth the millions they are raking in?

wottpiPosted on9:28 am - Sep 2, 2013

Wondering if today we will see Regulatory News with regard to the outcome of the last announced deadline of sorting out the EGM/AGM issue by end pf play on the 30th August? (see extract below)
——————————————————————————————————————————————–
The Board, which is determined not to incur unnecessary cost for the Club, has therefore secured an extension to the written commitment from the Requisitioners to withdraw potentially the Requisition pending agreement as stated above. If no agreement is reached by the close of business on 30 August 2013, the Board will be required to send notice to shareholders to convene the General Meeting by no later than 5 September 2013
———————————————————————————————————————————————-
Still wondering when we will see any Regulatory News confirming Sandy Easdale has control over the shares he says he controls?

torrejohnbhoyPosted on9:30 am - Sep 2, 2013

Charlotte Fakeovers ‏@CharlotteFakes 1m

The last set of Audio Releases had the aim of promoting that the words and actions of those who benefited (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rm7vd6

Graham Spiers ‏@GrahamSpiers 3m

Rangers FC aiming to co-opt ‘someone from outside’ as new director/chairman ahead of AGM. No current director to take on chairman’s role.

wottpiPosted on9:34 am - Sep 2, 2013

Graham Spiers ‏@GrahamSpiers 3m

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Enter stage left one Mr Charles Alexander Green, who apparently now has no ties with the club whatsoever #third time lucky? 🙂

torrejohnbhoyPosted on9:36 am - Sep 2, 2013

Charlotte hits back!.

The last set of Audio Releases had the aim of promoting that the words and actions of those who benefited most from the administration process at RFC, needed to be challenged.

Court cases are looming and it’s important that the character of those who wish to pursue claims against others are closely scrutinised wherever possible, in order to avoid any possible conflict of interest.

Duff and Phelps have emphatically denied, and on public record, that they were aware of the total sum advanced by Ticketus, and that they were the primary funders, until some point in August 2011.

That position is still untenable and I’ve yet to see D&P withdraw their claims. Grier is documented as being aware in March 2011 and was in effect the Financial Director (by proxy) as soon as the takeover was complete.

He participated in the takeover talks with the Independent Committee and offered comfort that the funds were available. Yet it is Duff and Phelps who are suing Collyer Bristow for the alleged deceitful transaction.

D&P have lodged claims that RFC lost out on a valid investment opportunity led by Paul Murray and that RFC should recover this loss of investment.

That’s a very strange position to maintain as the basis of a valid claim. D&P were already aware that the banks and Sir David Murray had dismissed the Paul Murray proposals. As for the reasons to reject, I’m not aware at this time.

Had David Grier disclosed the funding sources to the Independent Committee at any time, this deal could not have proceeded on the terms offered. The term ‘duped’ would not be available to use by anyone close to the deal either. Handy that.

Their attempts to pass the buck and blame others as being solely responsible, i.e. Gary Withey, is a step too far in my opinion.

So before any Drama Queens get further engrossed in the shock and horror of my ‘Sun’ type expose on Grier/Duff and Phelps, do consider the bigger picture.

Thousands of investors, debenture holders and fans suffered real distress and loss when RFC went into administration and subsequent liquidation. Many businesses were also damaged. The impact was far reaching and had and would have had a direct hit on many families, including those who may also be subject to litigation.

So please, spare me the moans and groans that my disclosures were a step too far.

Instead, convert that ‘shock’ into genuine concerns for the wider communities who suffered more due to rogue actions.

This wasn’t an ‘eye for an eye’ type release. It was an intention to make it clear that those involved in the scandal are the ones who should bear responsibility for their actions.

Here we have a team, commonly known as ‘The Rolex Boys’ during the MCR years, having their secrets spilled. Ones which seem to cover extra marital relationships, prostitutes, cars and foreign holidays masked as corporate away days.

This team participated in probably the worst administration process known to many. Their actions are worthy of much closer inspection regardless of the general unease it might cause to a few.

ecobhoyPosted on9:52 am - Sep 2, 2013

Danish Pastry says:
September 2, 2013 at 7:17 am
ecobhoy says:
September 1, 2013 at 9:37 pm

————–

======================================================================
I made my judgement on David Grier and certain other professionals involved in this affair long before yesterday’s audio clips and nothing I heard yesterday has altered my opinion one iota.

In my professional life I have listened to many such ‘bravado’ conversations from small boys trying to impress other small boys. Whenever I asked them how their wives and families would react if they heard the conversation then things would go quiet and the topic would be changed. I might have had to work with certain people but I would never allow their lack of morality to impinge on my professionalism.

In my private life I had no interest in mixing with people who ‘cheated’ on others as that marked them as untrustworthy IMO. Obviously relationships can break-down and cause grief but what we witnessed in these tapes were people with no morality probably living in a fantasy world. One thing is certain they appeared to place no value or worth on women in general.

As to promising cars and flats well as many women have found to their cost men are capable of promising the earth and the moon till they get what they want and then they move on to their next ‘conquest’ and the flat, in my experience, is seldom more than a short rental.

As to being ‘pals’ they sound like a bunch of shallow saddoes to me mutually supporting each other’s escape from the reality of the hard work of making relationships work especially in difficult times.

However I have made my position on the issue clear and don’t intend to respond further as I think the whole affair damages what this blog is all about.

ecobhoyPosted on10:06 am - Sep 2, 2013

torrejohnbhoy(@johnbhoy1958) says:
September 2, 2013 at 9:36 am

Charlotte hits back!.
===============================================
I actually thought the post you made was your own post. I didn’t realise it was the words of CF taken from her Twitter feed.

Sometimes it helps to be clear who is the author of a post.

GiovanniPosted on10:10 am - Sep 2, 2013

ecobhoy says:
September 2, 2013 at 9:52 am

Whilst I agree entirely with your sentiments wrt the recent audio releases however I fear these may have an unexpected consequence. Some of the material in them is “meat and drink” to our more salacious newspapers (using the term in its loosest sense). I can see the headlines now “mother of celebrity actress …. city wheelers and dealers … dodgy dealings….” It could be CF getting into the msm in a most unexpected and unwanted way.

helpmaboabPosted on10:15 am - Sep 2, 2013

Chancer 67 made a suggestion regarding handing out leaflets at Hampden(Sept 1@7:34).Last time I looked he had 85 TUs.Friday may be too soon to carry this out but the idea is a good one and I fully support him.
We can discuss the incompetency,complicity,and downright illegality of the workings of the SFA ’til the cows come home but unless we get the message out to Joe Public,I’m afraid we are talking among ourselves.

Danish PastryPosted on10:20 am - Sep 2, 2013

ecobhoy says:
September 2, 2013 at 9:52 am
4 4 Rate This
——–

Nae bother ecobhoy. Can’t really argue with any of that.

Danish PastryPosted on10:32 am - Sep 2, 2013

torrejohnbhoy(@johnbhoy1958) says:
September 2, 2013 at 9:30 am
2 0 Rate This

Charlotte Fakeovers ‏@CharlotteFakes 1m

————

Whooft [(c) Archie McPherson], that’s a powerful statement from CF. Quite an indictment of the ‘selective morality’ (as it was described) of some posters on the twitter feed surrounding the recent audio. I sense a stramash approaching.

iamacantPosted on10:45 am - Sep 2, 2013

torrejohnbhoy(@johnbhoy1958) says:
September 2, 2013 at 9:30 am

Graham Spiers ‏@GrahamSpiers 3m
—————————————————————————————————————-
JackIrvine ‏@JackIrvine 31 Aug @GrahamSpiers
We must have a wee chat.
—————————————————————————————————————-
Did Jack and Graham have their wee chat so he could divulge the tweet above?

StevieBCPosted on10:59 am - Sep 2, 2013

wottpi says: September 2, 2013 at 9:34 am
Graham Spiers @GrahamSpiers 3m
==============================
An ‘outsider’ you say….?

I suggest Nicholas van Hoogstraten as someone who has ‘useful real estate’ experience and he is the sort of character who would easily fit in at Ibrox as a ‘fit and proper’ Chairman of TRFC.

And thus, the circus down Govan way continues…

Danish PastryPosted on11:42 am - Sep 2, 2013

RIFC share price back up to 51p in spite of everything …

helpmaboabPosted on12:09 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Van Hoogstraten
At his trial for the firebombing, in 1968, the judge described him as “a sort of self-imagined devil who thinks he is an emissary of Beelzebub”.

After his four-year spell in prison, he never looked back. He boasted that he “ran” Wormwood Scrubs prison – and has never shown any remorse.
What an unsavoury character.And a sociopath.Definition: Tendency for premeditated crimes with controllable risks, criminal opportunism, fraud, calculated or opportunistic violence.

Ian58Posted on12:10 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Danish Pastry.

Just straightforward price manipulation in my opinion.
Exactly the same as when it ‘fell’ to 41p.
Minimal trading to get the share price to where the major players need it to be at any given time
And what if your pet broker eventually objects? Well, you just dump them and replace them with one of your less squeamish pals.

tic6709Posted on12:18 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Not a happy camper,

arabest1Posted on12:29 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Perhaps I missed this, but did McCoist not confide in Chic Young that players would be leaving Sevco this window? The players have yet to be informed therefore he could not name names. Yet to see any such list. Maybe it was a 2nd squirrel to keep the ‘Kenny Miller exclusive’ company.

CastofThousandsPosted on12:29 pm - Sep 2, 2013

helpmaboab says:
September 2, 2013 at 10:15 am

“Chancer 67 made a suggestion regarding handing out leaflets at Hampden(Sept 1@7:34).”
————————-
I had intended responding to Chancer’s suggesting earlier but got sidetracked. I’ll relay my original thoughts and tab on further musings.

Somehow the timing didn’t feel right; it is too soon. We haven’t really fathomed precisely where the SFA has fallen down, at least not a narrative that would encompass all supporters. We have concentrated on the fiasco surrounding Rangers (apologies to those that find this handy tern unpalatable) and any campaign mounted on this basis might be seen as anti-Rangers rather than pro-football, which would blunt the assault. I think the basic idea is sound but we don’t currently have the succinctness that George Bear has in his efforts. George has a reasonably well defined target, prospect of a groundswell of support, real manifest evidence that change needs to happen, some idea of how change might be brought about and most importantly, an end game of some kind of fan ownership/participation. We cannot be assured of assailing the SFA bastion and have not fleshed out an alternative governance structure we would wish if we got there.

Having said all that, I suppose a start has to be made somewhere and the forthcoming game will be a prime opportunity. It leaves little time for preparation however. Nevertheless in raising the standard in this manner Chancer has at least opened the door to a prospect.

In the short time frame magnanimous commentary that might be worth publicising doesn’t immediately come to mind. There are many issues that require redress but none of them can be easily summed up in one line slogans. Perhaps the blog could suggests non-partisan snappy slogans that sums up our SFA disquiet.

I turned up at Hampden on the day the vote on Rangers SFL membership was taken in July last year. I was anticipating some sort of crowd but there were more reporters than anyone else. Getting a campaign going requires momentum and with the Scotland team beginning to emerge it might not be the best environment to foster discontent. I applaud your fervor Chancer but I would not wish that participants found their calls falling on deaf ears and thus leading to a loss of momentum. If you want to do some leafletting keep the topics short and eye catching and make them non-partisan. It might be a worthwhile opening shot. However a full fledged assault would need to be planned and organsised and know its targets and goals. I’m not sure we are at that point yet but if Chancer’s enthusiasm offers a feasible strategy perhaps it will focus our thoughts to bring about something achievable.

If we wish to undermine the present SFA structure we need to distil the multifaceted tale down into an easily understandable concentrate that all fans will grasp.

arabest1Posted on12:35 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Van Hoogstraten…..at one point his legal representative was of course Giovanni Di Stefano, who is known to have occasional mild bouts of Rangersitis, perhaps GDS could work this out on behalf of Sevco, he has plenty time on his hands at the moment.

StevieBCPosted on12:43 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Tic 6709 says: September 2, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Not a happy camper, @Andy_Wilson1 Are you the author of this, Andy? http://www.scribd.com/doc/164681674/Ibrox-Stadium
========================
Don’t think that scribd account will last much longer either.
Is this the first, real ‘whistleblower’ from within TRFC?
Interesting to see if TRFC issues a statement.

fara1968Posted on1:00 pm - Sep 2, 2013

upthehoops on September 2, 2013 at 7:22 am
63 4 Rate This

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
In my opinion the SFA have made a right hash of this. My thinking is when they handed the transfer embargo to sevco they didn’t have the foresight to check what day of the week the end of August fell on. When they realised that the transfer window could stay open over the weekend they didn’t have the minerals for the fallout of TRFC capitalising on this and signing a player on Sunday. So rather than having to deal with a tricky situation with the TRFC and their fans they just decided to cut short the window of opportunity for the rest of the football clubs in Scotland. To me this means that fans in Scotland have lost out. Clubs could have snapped up some real quality loan players following last minute signings down south. The needs of the masses have been denied for the benefit of a few. Just my opinion though.

readceltPosted on1:03 pm - Sep 2, 2013

StevieBC says:
September 2, 2013 at 12:43 pm
3 0 i

Tic 6709 says: September 2, 2013 at 12:18 pm

========================
Don’t think that scribd account will last much longer either.
Is this the first, real ‘whistleblower’ from within TRFC?
Interesting to see if TRFC issues a statement.

================================

Given the umpteen different companies CG set up on his arrival I assumed this was going on.

Boot out the incumbent and charge an arm and a leg for a service you now provide via a shell company.

Pay out any profits from the shell company to yourself in the form of a company dividend to minimise tax liability.

bluPosted on1:06 pm - Sep 2, 2013

highfibre says:
September 2, 2013 at 12:46 pm
Hardly price manipulation. If various groups and individuals are attempting to gain a controlling share in advance of any EGM or AGM, then that is only going to push the share price up.
==================================================================
highfibre – as noted here previously, the volume of shares traded in the period that’s seen the share price rise from 41p to the current 51p is negligible in terms of voting at any RIFC general meeting. Something else is afoot. It may simply be a performance benchmark for RIFC or TRFC executives or a bargaining chip for one or more of the players in this little game.

EstebanPosted on1:06 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Tic 6709 says: September 2, 2013 at 12:18 pm

—–

Rough, raw, remarkable.

JLeeHookerPosted on1:10 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Latest from RIFC:

_____________________________________________________________________________

RNS Number : 0065N
Rangers Int. Football Club PLC
02 September 2013

2 September 2013

Rangers International Football Club plc

(“Rangers”, the “Company” or “Club”)

Further to requisition of general meeting

Further to the announcements on 22 and 28 August 2013, the Company confirms that the Board’s discussions have continued with representatives of the group who requisitioned (together the “Requisitioners”) a general meeting to consider the proposed resolutions (“Requisition”) detailed in the announcement on 2 August 2013 (“General Meeting”).

The Company had requested the Requisitioners to authenticate the Requisition in accordance with section 303 of the Companies Act 2006 by providing evidence of the shares held by the Requisitioners and the validity of signatures on the Requisition. The Board has now received authentication for one of the Requisitioners, being Chase Nominees Limited a/c Artemis (“Artemis”) who hold 5 per cent. or more of the issued share capital and voting rights of the Company. No authentication has been provided for the purported shareholdings of the other Requisitioners. The Board confirms the validity of the Requisition on the basis of the authentication provided by Artemis.

Progress has been made to agree a basis upon which the business of the General Meeting would be included in the Annual General Meeting of the Company, which is expected to be held in October 2013. The Board wishes to reach agreement for the withdrawal of the Requisition without delay but in the meantime has secured a further extension to the written commitment from the Requisitioners to withdraw the Requisition pending agreement being reached as stated above. If no agreement is reached by the close of business on 9 September 2013, the Board will be required to send notice to shareholders by no later than 13 September 2013 to convene the General Meeting.

Further announcements will be made as appropriate.

For further information please contact:

Rangers International Football Club plc
Tel: 0141 580 8647

Craig Mather, CEO

Brian Stockbridge, FD

Strand Hanson Limited (Nominated Adviser)
Tel: 020 7409 3494

Stuart Faulkner / Rory Murphy / Richard Tulloch

Daniel Stewart & Company plc (Broker)
Tel: 020 7776 6550

Paul Shackleton

Newgate Threadneedle (Financial PR)
Tel: 020 7148 6143

Graham Herring / John Coles / Fiona Conroy

Media House International Ltd
Tel: 020 7710 0020

Jack Irvine

AuldheidPosted on1:12 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Folks
With reference to CF’s post on the intent of the audio tapes I have an approach that I ask others to consider.

I first heard it in Charlie Wilsons War where the Americans were celebrating helping the Afghans boot the Russians out of Afghanistan.

The CIA agent had an inkling of what was to come and told Senator Wilson.

A young man captued a wild stallion and brought it back to the village.
Everyone celebrated the event but the village Zen Master just said “we’ll see”
Then the young lad was thrown by the horse and broke a leg.
Everyone bemoaned the misfortune.
The Zen master said “we’ll see”
A week later the army press gang invaded the village and carted off the abled bodied young men to war. The injured lad was left behind.
Everyone celebrated this small victory of fortune.
The Zen master said “we’ll see”

Think of this whole event as a book that is being written a page per day and enjoy the read.

I am.

JLeeHookerPosted on1:20 pm - Sep 2, 2013

StevieBC says:
September 2, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Tic 6709 says: September 2, 2013 at 12:18 pm

========================
Don’t think that scribd account will last much longer either.
Is this the first, real ‘whistleblower’ from within TRFC?
Interesting to see if TRFC issues a statement.

========================

Has Lord Walter of Cardigan suddenly become tech-savvy?

ShooperbPosted on1:20 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Re: the CtH tapes.

I know it’s very easy in hindsight, but hasn’t it always been thus with Charlotte? What we get is a whole load of titbits and gossip, along the lines of ‘she said, she said’, but nothing you can ever quite hang your hat on as cast-iron proof of any blatant wrong doing.

Throughout they’ve hinted at things, and cast certain people in a very unsavoury light, but nuclear events? I find it VERY hard to believe that with all the emails going back and forward that not once has anything beyond title tattle or vague hints actually made it’s way out.

What significant events have we had?

Hateley is just Smith’s mouthpiece – was anyone remotely surprised at that?
That certain journalists were under the thumb of Media House/Rangers? Really?
That Rangers were besmirching the name of other clubs to trot out a few squirrels?

The killer though is, if she really was interested in justice in the Scottish game, why not, as has been suggested by other posters, a wikileaks style dump of everything? Why the hoarding of information?

I’m firmly in the camp that says this is just about leverage/blackmail and nothing else. Of course, in the event that she does release something concrete, I reserve the right to do a complete U-Turn and say that I never doubted her! 😀

BTW How’s that Craig Whyte court case coming along? You know, the one that he keeps threatening? Again, this is something out of nothing, and it’s a distraction. I would suggest that a focus on the real, bonafide issues would be the way forward. The Rangers European licence, the fact that a non-existent club was allowed to play against Brechin, the blatant disregard of heaps of rules, the fact that Rangers are the same club except when it comes to paying the fine from the registration enquiry.

There’s a whole host of stuff that deserves a closer lookinstead of the ‘security’ of Charlotte’s info….

TommyBPosted on1:29 pm - Sep 2, 2013

Unfortunately the people who think they are only live in the moment and gullibly believe what they are being told on any particular day. There is no “we’ll see” in their world, they follow follow whoever or whatever is the flavour of the day.
Living life in a vacuum of perceived entitlement is what got them into a mess, I for one hope that they are happy staying in it.

davythelotionPosted on1:31 pm - Sep 2, 2013

A question arises out of ‘deadline day’. Why hasn’t Ally lined up a marquee signing given that he knew, through custom & practise that a mini window would open in Sept?
Is it
A) nobody at the club spotted this loophole
Or
B) the existence of the mini window would have undermined the trialist shennanigans and would have made an even bigger mockery of the embargo ‘punishment’?

readceltPosted on1:39 pm - Sep 2, 2013

The Rangers saga reminds me of the fall of MG Rover and the Phoenix consortium.

To refresh memories, BMW sold MG Rover to the Pheonix Consortium in 2000 and the company entered Administration in 2005 never to recover.

In their 5 years in charge, 5 execs took out £42m in pay and pensions from the company as it collapsed around them and also spun out the highly profitable car finance operation MGR Capital, separating it from its parent.

Vultures picking over a carcase.

wottpiPosted on1:40 pm - Sep 2, 2013

JLeeHooker says:
September 2, 2013 at 1:10 pm

So there we have it, yet more delays and passing deadlines instead of getting things sorted.
(Remember how many deadlines Duff & Duffer gave us on the preferred bidder nonesense).
One would have thought that if the board and those in control were on a certainty and/or had the club/company on a sound financial footing they would spend the £80k on a EGM and just get on with it.

Of course the irony is that they were stalling by asking the Requisitioners for proof that their requistion is valid and Arimis have popped their head above the parapet and said here is our 5%plus, thats all you need to know now get on with it. Meanwhile all we have from the Easdales is a miniscule holding from James and Sandy’s shares being no more than paper talk at the present. Hopefully the next Regulatory News will be confirming the Easdales holdings.

The question is now that the seaon is well under way and the kids are back to school how many more strips can they sell to make the balance sheet look half decent before the AGM?? Christmas is still a few months after the AGM.

Comments are closed.