Scottish Football and the case for a Bismarck!

Good Evening.

When considering any type of protracted negotiation or discussion that seems to be going on too long, there is a story that is always worth remembering– whether it is actually a true story or not as the case may be.

It is said, that heads of state all met at a congress in what is now modern Germany sometime after the Franco Prussian war of 1870-1871.The entire congress was being run almost singlehandedly by the then Prussian Chancellor Otto von Bismark and he was keen to get all the necessary signatures on paper to seal some deal or other.

However, others at the congress were not too keen to sign up to certain elements of the proposed deal and so they hithered and dithered and in the eyes of Bismark they simply waisted time by concentrating on the minutiae- the little matters, with a view to ensuring their own interests were best served in these small areas– and did not focus on the big issue.

Having tried to talk these others round and educate them in his own beliefs and point of view on the bigger picture without any success, Bismark grew weary of the continuing delay and the posturing of his colleagues. All attempts at reason and diplomacy had failed in his eyes and so he decided to take a different tack.

Accordingly, it is said that whilst others were still inside debating endlessly on this matter or that, Bismark left the building and began simply shooting the windows in with the aid of a riffle which he just happened to have handy.

Those inside were naturally alarmed at this turn of events. They soon forgot about the minutiae under debate, they abandoned the previously expressed self interest and simply signed up so that they could get away from the mad chancellor and his house.

Job done so to speak.

Whilst I do not in anyway condone the behaviour of Otto von Bismark in this instance, and have no doubt that he was an autocrat, what I will say is that he believed that there was too much time being spent on the unimportant stuff and not enough time recognising what really needed doing– from his point of view of course.

Today– and it seems every day for months— we have endless debate about the future of Scottish Football. League reconstruction and the redistribution of footballing wealth has become a marathon– even before it has started.

Yet I believe that at the moment all parties concerned are not focusing on the radical reform that is fundamentally needed which is the creation of one, strong, properly structured and constituted body which is capable of the proper and ethical governance of Scottish Football and the business that surrounds football.

No matter what system you try, or distribution you agree, without proper sensible strong governance you are wasting your time.

Further, whatever body is set up, and whoever is chosen to be its CEO (or whatever the head honcho is going to be called), they must tackle the issue of corporate and fiscal compliance and the proper administration of any body corporate which actively takes part in Scottish Football– and that includes any such body or person who is involved in the running of a member club.

In addition, in so dealing with any corporate malfeasance or chicanery or whatever, the rules have to be applied with a rod of iron by an iron body.

As we can now clearly see, Football clubs and football in general is not, and never will be, immune from the effects of bad corporate governance and on occasion downright manipulation of facts, figures and contracts.

Whilst great play has been made of the fact that Gavin Masterton has handed over his shares in Dunfermline FC ( or its holding company ) the fact of the matter is that this in no way solves the problem faced by the football club. Whoever gains control of that club will still have to rent the ground from Mr Masterton’s company– and it is a rent that the club may just not be able to afford.

Ever!

It is only my opinion of course, but I am of the view that Mr Masterton has sealed a loan deal with his bankers which is of a type and duration which could not normally be achieved by other borrowers. The Loan has a lengthy period during which no repayments are necessary and interest can continue to accrue.

All very good you may say, but the level of debt concerned is not one that appears to be sustainable by Dunfermline FC and so whoever buys the club as a going concern ( if anyone buys it at all ) will have to pay an agreed rental to Gavin Masterton– and if the rental is not sufficient to repay Mr Masterton’s lenders, then I suspect that the end game here will be a search to find a buyer for the ground at some point over the next twenty years or so, with the hope that as part of the deal a space will be found somewhere for a new ground like New St Mirren park– the difference being that in that instance St Mirren were in charge of their future whereas Dunfermline are not.

The Governance of that club and the financial arrangements behind the club should have been looked at and examined by the SFA long before now– and the Dunfermline fans warned about the dangers of any such arrangements. Effectively those finance arrangements, should they continue, will probably mean that the club will have no option but to move from its established home!

All to suit one man!

Thankfully Dundee were spared a full takeover by Giovanni Di Stefano, however is it not a bit worrying that this man who has been jailed for over 14 years for various fraudulent acts, was allowed to roam around Scottish Football for a prolonged period?

Not so long ago Di Stefano did play a part at Dens, was in line to buy almost 30% of the shareholding, and was oft quoted in the papers and so on. The thing is that there were those who were prepared to give him a place at the Dundee table and in so doing invited him into Scottish Football.

Surely the SFA, had they been inclined to, could quite easily have pointed out that many of the claims of Mr Di Stefano were at least dubious if not completely incorrect? Yet nothing was being said at the time and silence prevailed.

Whilst not in the same calibre as Di Dtefano, Vladimir Romanov has now been at Hearts for a prolonged period. While I have no quibbles about the legality of Romanov’s takeover of Hearts, any money of a sizeable size which is transferred into Scotland from a foreign country will be subject to scrutiny by the Crown office to ensure that it is clean. Lithuania in particular is said to have a banking system which is governed loosely and sometimes does not meet the compliance standards expected in this country.

With his bank having gone bust, Romanov still retains the majority shareholding at Tynecastle, but there are questions still to be answered about what has happened at Hearts but life will be very different for the Edinburgh club going forward.

Again– could the SFA have done more to monitor the situation and could they have demanded clarity and detail from the Hearts owner as to his business dealings and the detailed arrangements with his bank?

At Ibrox, well things just go from the weird and inexplicable to downright astonishing– and all through a tremendous amount of smoke and mirrors.

It is clear that the SFA have no idea what to believe from Charles Green or for that matter Craig Whyte. On the face of it, there are clear links between Whyte and Green with the former paying over a six figure sum in return for absolutely nothing it would appear– with similar transactions going between Whyte’s colleague, Aiden Early, and Charles Green.

What is clear is that Green gave a clear undertaking to the SFA that he had nothing whatsoever to do with Whyte and would have nothing to do with Whyte going forward. Now, at the very least he is admitting that he met Whyte on several occasions, and whilst he may have made representations to Craig Whyte— these were all lies designed only to get Whyte to where Green wanted him.

This is hardly the act of someone who has been bona fides in his business dealings either with Whyte or with the SFA as the licensing body.

It is against this background that the Scottish Football Agencies need to wake up before they find the fans of the game ( at least those who want to stay interested in the game ) doing a Bismarck and panning in the windows of this whole house of cards.

Football Clubs, football fans, and indeed football itself needs protected from the financial and corporate shenanigans, and the governing body must be much more active and permanently vigilant in watching out for and if necessary anticipating the people and the transactions which have and will jeopardise clubs and the game in general going forward.

It is clearly no longer acceptable to rely on self regulation or mere declarations and undertakings from the clubs themselves. The Administrators must be much more active and employ far greater professional expertise in carrying out an almost constant analytical and reporting function in relation to club finance and corporate regulation.

All and any changes in funding, boardroom changes, investor changes and anything else major should be the subject of immediate and proper scrutiny by the SFA and there should be fair, immediate and stiff sanctions for non compliance, and any type of dilatory behaviour on the part of club officials who would seek to conceal the truth or who fail to properly disclose vital matters which should be out in the open.

Further, the funding detail– such as the never ending loan re Dunfermline should be a matter of public record in all its detail so that fans and investors can make information based value judgements when dealing with any club.

Such stiffer regulation should not develop into anything like a corporate witch hunt or any kind of draconian big brother syndrome, however the need for change given all of the current troubles is obvious to one and all.

Further, the attempted fudge surrounding Rangers league status last summer and the ongoing disquiet surrounding the position of Campbell Ogilvie does nothing to boost faith in and the reputation of Football Administration in Scotland.

Things are far from clear and there appears to be continual dithering and fudging. No one has any idea where the Nimmo Smith Report has gone nor what import it is to have— if any. Why is that?

Dithering and bumbling over detail is no longer an option. Strong clear governance is required to protect the game from being hijacked by those who have their own corporate and financial agendas.

Such people cannot be allowed to determine the way Scottish Football runs  or to conduct themselves in a fashion that leaves football and everyone involved in limbo.

It is time for Scottish Football to find its own Iron Chancellor!  There is a need for someone who will, if necessary, come along and shoot the lights out of any club or Company Director who wishes to play fast and loose with the game of football.

This entry was posted in General by Trisidium. Bookmark the permalink.

About Trisidium

Trisidium is a Dunblane businessman with a keen interest in Scottish Football. He is a Celtic fan, although the demands of modern-day parenting have seen him less at games and more as a taxi service for his kids.

5,402 thoughts on “Scottish Football and the case for a Bismarck!

  1. StevieBC says: Monday, May 13, 2013 at 15:49

    I concur with others in that I don’t mind who you are, what your angle is etc., as you ‘may’ add some interesting debate. Time will tell.

    But, you must appreciate that the ‘email’ above doesn’t add anything.
    Anyone could type that up.

    However, if you do have original documents/copies to share with the Internet Bampots…that would be quite different.

    As before, I’m just jumping about looking at docs and commenting, or seeking opinion.

    Given that there appears to be an appeal against the ruling in Ticketus favour, I did wonder at the stance Octpus/Ticketus were taking with regards to claiming they would walk away if they had known about Craig.

    Look at the dates here (screenshot) and I’ve attached the document that they refer to.

    Working from home emails, late at night, shenanigans galore.

    Perhaps if Craig had more time, he could really have been remembered as the man who saved Rangers from the abyss – sadly he ran out of time and HMRC got fed up waiting on their other dues. The deal would have crippled them, but perhaps the club would still have been live today?

    As before, I doubt that, he’s a snake and would probably have fled with the cash.

    He was close to getting a hold of BMI regional, handy in the event of a quick departure I guess, but that fell down when it was a case of “show us the money” – thankfully not everyone is as desperate to get rid of a company as quick as SDM.

    http://i.imgur.com/fmkqaVh.jpg

    http://www.scribd.com/doc/141168170/HoT-Rangers-Tax-Case-Facility-v2

  2. Charlotte Fakeovers (@CharlotteFakes) says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 15:16

    From: Jack
    Date: 1 February 2012 13:26
    To: Craig Whyte
    Cc: Gary Withey , Ramsay Smith

    Phil Mac Ghiolla Bhain is attempting to set a rather nasty hare running by suggesting that the Proceeds of Crime Act may be in play in relation to your affairs.
    Presumably Collyer Bristow can lay this to rest and if untrue could hammer Bhain for once and for all.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    So…due to no action being taken by Norman or Eric to hammer Phil Mac,he was indeed correct in his PoCA being in play in relation to TGEF..?

    CF can you perhaps give us something confidential-current-exclusive-unique & ground breaking, preferably with a hint of …WOW.. JUST WOW !!?

    Over the past 2 years+ Phil Mac & Paul Mac have been setting so many hares running,that the owners are considering renaming Shawfield Stadium after them…!

    😉

  3. CF – some interesting stuff.

    Every document posted adds to the public record of what have gone on, so I, for one, am
    grateful for you input, with the obvious caveat being that all the documents are genuine.

    Most of what you have posted seems to either originate from or has been sent to CW, so one would have to wonder if you have been engaged by CW to tell his side of the story, from his document archive.

    The clamour for yet more revelations is understandable. TSFM and RTC posters were never the most patient. I guess I’m no different.

    Now the one revelation I am looking for is a taped conversation between CW and SDM, where the latter suggests using Ticketus to fund the purchase of the club (and debt), if such a tape exists, of course. 🙂

  4. Re: Season Ticket Renewals.
    What’s the usual timing in Scotland? Down here, I renewed mine in January! It surely makes sense for clubs (especially those who have alleged cash flow issues) to get the money in as early as possible.

  5. Re CF.

    I have no idea whether this stuff is genuine or not. An additional scepticism factor is that since CF is a new poster, there is no history or reputation to fall back on as with people like Barcabhoy, Corsica and others etc.

    We had to think before allowing that kind of stuff on the blog, but felt that if the material is of any significance, then the usual TSFM forensics would be applied.

    No disrespect to CF of course, but we should be careful here – and it might be helpful if the rationale behind the timing of these contributions was known.

  6. greenockjack says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 12:38
    2 2 Rate This
    What is the reaction to Charlottes leaked e-mails wrt
    authenticity ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You’re not usually short of an opinion greenockjack. What do you think?

  7. New blog from James Forest will be up tonight folks, and an update on the advertising thing. We have had two approaches this week – both from gambling concerns – and we have politely refused. This is taking on board some of the contributions on the subject.

    We will look for a sponsor during the summer, but in the meantime we will rely on donations to fund our plans.

    Thanks again to everyone who contributed advice and donations!

  8. TSFM says: Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:17

    Re CF.

    I have no idea whether this stuff is genuine or not. An additional scepticism factor is that since CF is a new poster, there is no history or reputation to fall back on as with people like Barcabhoy, Corsica and others etc.
    ====================================
    CF could always buy the IP and history of another poster. Seems to be acceptable practice by some. 🙂

  9. I would urge caution for people exchanging personal information and opening files sent from people whose motives and interests in these subjects is not well established.
    No harm to CF, but if you wanted to undermine this site, you would have a honeytrap of interesting data and apparent access to Jack Irvine’s email account to lure people into opening files that have been juiced.

    If interested see “zero day exploit’.

  10. Is tomorrow the big day when the big news comes out? Anybody any ideas what it is likely to be?

    Hints have been thrown around like confetti for a few days now – with tomorrow the day it is likely to crash land on Ibrox. The sad thing for Rangers and Rangers fans – if I was told the news would be shameful, I would struggle to get the possibilities down to a Top 10.

    There are so many permutations of who was and wasn’t involved, how it was done, and where / when it happened. A classic whodunnit like Cluedo. I think the first game finished like this:

    It was SDM, with an Offshore Tax Scheme, on the Marble Staircase.

    How will the next game finish? Who is holding the winning, and losing, cards? Hopefully we will find out soon.

  11. @CF …
    Suspect there is no email trail betw CW & CG upto and surround events of 14th June 2012. But possibly betw CW & legal team or AE …. now that might have WOW factor …
    Any Jersey based comms would be useful … (will follow if need DM)

  12. easyJambo says:

    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:24

    Re CF.

    I have no idea whether this stuff is genuine or not. An additional scepticism factor is that since CF is a new poster, there is no history or reputation to fall back on as with people like Barcabhoy, Corsica and others etc.
    ====================================
    CF could always buy the IP and history of another poster. Seems to be acceptable practice by some. 🙂

    As I typed that word, I knew it would come back to me like this 🙂

    TheTributeAct (@TheTributeAct) says:

    Quantcast
    I would urge caution for people exchanging personal information and opening files sent from people whose motives and interests in these subjects is not well established.
    No harm to CF, but if you wanted to undermine this site, you would have a honeytrap of interesting data and apparent access to Jack Irvine’s email account to lure people into opening files that have been juiced.

    If interested see “zero day exploit’.

    Agreed – and I am sure that CF understands the need for caution. Perhaps he can help?

  13. TSFM says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:17
    2 0 Rate This
    Re CF.

    I have no idea whether this stuff is genuine or not. An additional scepticism factor is that since CF is a new poster, there is no history or reputation to fall back on as with people like Barcabhoy, Corsica and others etc.

    We had to think before allowing that kind of stuff on the blog, but felt that if the material is of any significance, then the usual TSFM forensics would be applied.

    No disrespect to CF of course, but we should be careful here – and it might be helpful if the rationale behind the timing of these contributions was known.
    ——————————————————
    If an IP address places him in the South of France, that might provide some weight to the poster’s documents’ provenance. 😉

  14. HirsutePursuit says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:48
    2 0 Rate This
    TSFM says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:17
    2 0 Rate This
    Re CF.

    I have no idea whether this stuff is genuine or not. An additional scepticism factor is that since CF is a new poster, there is no history or reputation to fall back on as with people like Barcabhoy, Corsica and others etc.

    We had to think before allowing that kind of stuff on the blog, but felt that if the material is of any significance, then the usual TSFM forensics would be applied.

    No disrespect to CF of course, but we should be careful here – and it might be helpful if the rationale behind the timing of these contributions was known.
    ——————————————————
    If an IP address places him in the South of France, that might provide some weight to the poster’s documents’ provenance.
    ———–

    It is possible to buy proxy IP addresses. Not everything is as it seems.

  15. @Newtz – you’d be wrong to assume that.

    @TheTributeAct – Thanks for the info. We were all RTC remember.

    @TSFM – It’s always difficult to establish credentials. In the meantime I’ve now went into Mike Yarwood Mode and rustled up this little snippet for you all.

    https://soundcloud.com/charlotteandthefakes/cg1

    And just so that it doesn’t look all loaded in favour of Craig Whyte (the thief who stole from one stop roofing) – here’s a couple of snippets from a fax sent to him regarding his own personal tax tribunal (he’s appealing against the determination and also being considered as a flight risk).

    http://i.imgur.com/ObvhMDP.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/AnkES7W.jpg

  16. Best fun I’ve had on this site for ages. Thanks Charlotte.
    And keep the hits coming.
    I know you’re playing a game, but guessing what that game is is all part of the fun.
    Plain fact is, you’re adding more information (yes, possibly even deliberate misinformation) to the debate.
    And making some people squirm.
    I like it!

  17. I don’t post on here very often, but I thought I’d stick my tuppence worth in, in light of the sudden appearance of Charlotte Fakeovers.

    There’s a poster on a Celtic forum who I follow very closely- because he has been bang on the button several times just before a big story was about to be broken.

    A couple of weeks ago he stated, quite clearly, that with regards to the upcoming story about to be broken, that information would likely appear “online” first.

    Now, I do not mean to insinuate that CF’s information relates to that, and this might all be coincidental.

    However what CF is posting is certainly of interest.

    If he’s a fraud, he’ll be sussed out sooner or later. If not?

    I look forward to seeing where this all leads.

    Bartin.

  18. Charlotte Fakeovers (@CharlotteFakes) says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:59
    2 0 Rate This

    @Newtz – you’d be wrong to assume that.

    @TheTributeAct – Thanks for the info. We were all RTC remember.

    @TSFM – It’s always difficult to establish credentials. In the meantime I’ve now went into Mike Yarwood Mode and rustled up this little snippet for you all.

    https://soundcloud.com/charlotteandthefakes/cg1
    ———

    Sounds familiar. If you also do Rory Bremner can we hear a bit more of this audio file 🙂

  19. wottpi says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 16:14

    The teasing continues

    Phil MacGiollaBhain ‏@Pmacgiollabhain
    Excellent Ibrox source today described situation there to me as “beyond chaos”.
    ————————————————–

    Total guesswork on my part – I am assuming that if Alex Tomo is breaking a new Rangers story soon and he was filming in Glasgow last week, then he will have allready asked Rangers for a comment. Therefore those at Ibrox will know what Alex Tomo has got and what is going to break.

    PAgain, guess work on my part – perhaps the panic is that those at the Club do not know how to defend against what may be about to come their way via Alex Tomo and C4.

  20. OT Is lunny working today?? Has he dropped the new ‘elbows’ a wee line yet?? Or was it NL ‘s fault 😉

  21. @CF ….
    OK,
    If my assumption is wrong, then …. a lot …. of peeps have your attn.

    HMRC came into a lot of data in 2009 re HNW individuals & comp’s …… just a thought …!
    connects to my Q re Jersey connections …

    @TTA, agreed …. I have strong defence …. eg RM !!!!!

  22. Charlotte Fakeovers (@CharlotteFakes) says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:59

    Is Brian Stockbridge or Kennedy?

  23. nowoldandgrumpy says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 18:44

    whichever Brian it is, “he’s a very naughty boy!”

  24. nowoldandgrumpy says:

    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 18:44

    Charlotte Fakeovers (@CharlotteFakes) says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:59

    Is Brian Stockbridge or Kennedy?
    =============================
    In this farce it could be Rix 😀

  25. I don’t care if it’s Brian out of the Magic Roundabout,keep it coming.

  26. Just noticed it is marked as CG1, seems there may be some more to come. I wonder how many.

  27. Didn’t listen to all of Sportsound tonight, but from the lead stories at the start and the general tone there will be no mention of the SFA’s alleged part in taking sides in an Ibrox Boardroom dispute.

  28. Hi all

    New here but been reading since RTC days. This appeared on BBC website today with
    Malky Mackay now saying Scotland needs a strong Rangers

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22509341

    “For that you need Rangers back in the top division. The sooner that happens, the interest comes back from media and let’s make no bones about it, the commercial deal with the media is what makes the Premier League in England what it is.

  29. Charlotte Fakeovers (@CharlotteFakes) says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:59

    Very small snippet of audio indeed. Recall when potentially inflamatory comment was made on Radio Clyde that a bit of audio analysis was done to identify specific word. Perhaps observers with this capability can identify who CG is talking to. Others may recognise the voice. Such a small snippet.

    TheTributeAct (@TheTributeAct) says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 17:25

    Very sensible note of caution. I note that many of our most eminent posters have not engaged in this conversation. Maybe this is wise until us amateurs conclude a sniff test.

  30. @CharlotteFakes

    Can you supply a date and place for that recording? The snippet sounds (as do other CW recordings) like an outtake of the various actors going through a script reading.

  31. Charlotte Fakeovers (@CharlotteFakes) says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 18:29

    D’artgnan on RangerMedia – my goodness, what a waste of energy and of course a massive deflection from what really upset them all.

    http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=252506

    I also find it quite amusing when people try to write a certain way and it comes across entirely differently.

    “There is a growing feeling that HMRC’s continued refusal to comment on this matter, thus preventing shareholders from seeking legal redress, is tantamount to an attempt to perverse the course of justice.”

    Spell checks don’t cover everything old chap.

  32. upthehoops says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 19:02
    ‘..Didn’t listen to all of Sportsound tonight, but from the lead stories at the start and the general tone there will be no mention of the SFA’s alleged part in taking sides in an Ibrox Boardroom dispute.’
    —-
    I did listen, and you’re right! Not a mention.
    But Calum davidson ( who he?) was given plenty of time to broadcast Sportsounds editorial/ presenters’ propaganda line that Scottish Football needs the ‘return’ of a dead club to the SPL.

  33. the franchise share price seems to be down today to 54 and a half pence each.

    my pension fund will be goosygoosy’d and i will need to start work again !!

  34. Danish Pastry says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 19:33

    @CharlotteFakes

    Can you supply a date and place for that recording? The snippet sounds (as do other CW recordings) like an outtake of the various actors going through a script reading.

    —————————————————————————————————————-

    It’s an out take from “The Life of Brian” 😉

  35. john clarke says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 19:53

    I heard a bit also. They wheeled out Malky Mckay (Cardiff boss) to say that Rangers were needed to attract lucrative sponsorship and TV deals for SPL. Afterwards it was pointed out that lowest finishing club in EPL gets ten times more than highest finishing club in SPL.

    On that analysis I can only conclude that ‘Rangers’ should apply for membership of the English Premiere League and thus cut out the middle man.

  36. john clarke says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 19:53

    ==============================

    Which part don’t they understand.

    The team which won SFL3 would not enhance the SPL in any way, shape or form.

    The team they want in the SPL does not exist any more, the majority of the players walked away, for nothing. The new club can’t just replace that team, where would the money come from to buy those players and to pay their wages.

    The old club couldn’t afford them, by about £10m a year, what makes these morons think the new one will be able to.

  37. nowoldandgrumpy says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 18:44

    They refer to ‘Brian’, but he is not the deep voice in conversation with CG. Stockbridge is English and can be heard talking here at 19:42.

    http://glasgowradio.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/live-interview-with-sevcos-brian.html

    Can’t immediately find audio for Brian Kennedy but as I said, ‘Brian’ is being referred to in the conversation, he is not the one speaking to CG. Deep Kelvinside/Edinburgh accent.

    Any suggestions?

    Audio file analysis might be able to confirm a match if we can get something to compare it with.

    “Just a snippet”. What a tease.

  38. The idea that a reincarnation of Rangers is needed for the future funding of Scottish Football is based on one super-critical assumption…

    …that the fans of OTHER clubs will simply roll over and accept it.

    I imagine the thinking is that we will simply forget all of the cheating and corruption since we will all be so busy hoping that our clubs can compete against the mighty Gers (and whatever leg-up they have been given by the Establishment to re-establish their stranglehold).

    They just don’t get it.

    No sporting integrity = no product.

    Simples.

  39. Given the context, and the mention of the Blue Knights, then immediately speaking to Brian the most obvious assumption is that it is BK.

    That would be a real Wow Just Wow moment.

    CG, CW and BK meeting.

  40. Needed Thomo onto CW pronto. On this Charlotte pudding. Confirmation needed from source

  41. mullach says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 20:29
    ——————————————————————————————————————————-
    A couple of observations:
    The “Brian” they are talking about did not speak but appears to be present and in the company of the two on the recording.
    “They” appear to be Charles Green and Craig Whyte.The recording device is very close to CW and relatively far from CG.

  42. ianagain

    A new poster on scene just before an alleged news story is broken on C4, it might be part of an alternate PR campaign, to show media house that they can’t really control whats about to break.

  43. Mibeess usually A T just bells him and if its in his interest CW spills.

  44. Slightly of current topic, did anyone hear SS tonight? Kenny McIntyre discussing with Malky MacKay the ramifications of two Welsh teams in the ELP, and of course where that leaves Celtic and Rangers ?!?*?”££!!!**? To which MM duly replied….’….lets make no bones about it….Scottish football needs Rangers in the SPL’. Utterly bizarre. Cardiff being promoted is a reason to fast track Sevco? Then back to the studio for the usual ‘Global’ brand drivel.

    Would a more appropriate journalist discussion be the emergence of the Welsh clubs at the expense of Leeds, Portsmouth or any of the other former ELP clubs who will dwell in the lower reaches for a decade (or more) due to their disastrous financial stewardship. Then draw comparisons with the 3 teams up here (who until yesterday were toe to toe for the Europa League spot) ICT, RC and St Johnstone comparing their careful fiscal prudence and top tier success with the disasters that are Sevco, Pars, Hearts and Dundee?

    The cannot give any analysis without first kissing the **** of the Govan team…sometimes I despair………

  45. john clarke says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 19:53

    I did listen, and you’re right! Not a mention.
    But Calum davidson ( who he?) was given plenty of time to broadcast Sportsounds editorial/ presenters’ propaganda line that Scottish Football needs the ‘return’ of a dead club to the SPL.

    There is a definite broadcast media strategy to ensure that every player and official who appears on their shows sticks to the line that Rangers need ‘returned’ to the top ASAP. Personally I don’t believe every single one of these people would actually be happy to see a club advanced on a basis outwith on-field sporting success. What I do believe is some of them are fully aware of the potential consequences of saying anything else.

  46. john clarke says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 19:53

    plenty of time to broadcast Sportsounds editorial/ presenters’ propaganda line that Scottish Football needs the ‘return’ of a dead club to the SPL.

    Have I missed something ?

    I would have thought that any discussion on the Govan clubs speedy access to the SPL was currently irrelevant.

    The asset ownership / financial forecasting / CW involvement / etc…issues shirley mean that the SFA/SFL/SPL cannot now facilitate any assistance to quicken Sevco’s promotion – as there is now too much – and very public – risk involved ?

    Or is this just another strategy to fill the airwaves to distract from asking awkward questions about Sevco and the SFA ?

  47. arabest1 says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 21:25

    They cannot give any analysis without first kissing the **** of the Govan team

    …and that’s it in a nutshell sir!

  48. tomames1970 says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 18:53

    Gotta be Kennedy:

    “on the basis of what you’be heard… Blue Knights, Miller and with respect to you Brian, this is a seriously different deal”

    Could thus have been the point that Brian Kennedy announced his withdrawal from the bidding process?

    ooh look… a conspiracy! Can anyone find the squirrel?

  49. This was an interesting exchange at the time. Perhaps more so now…

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18958015

    The Edinburgh-born businessman was reported to be aiming to take a £5.6m controlling interest in Green’s consortium.

    Green insists that Sevco is not interested in selling control to anybody Kennedy thereafter claimed to have had discussions with a Sevco representative about his offer for a 51% shareholding in the Ibrox club.
    “I have recently had several confidential meetings with a gentleman representing the shareholders of Sevco with regards to my interest in purchasing a majority shareholding in Rangers Football Club,” he said.
    “The details of these meetings and the written offer I have submitted have been disclosed from within the club.
    “Now that this has leaked, I have no alternative but to confirm that what is reported in the Daily Record regarding such matters is accurate.”

    “We have checked with all the official representatives of shareholders and none of them have had meetings with Brian Kennedy, so we have no idea who the gentleman is he is referring to.
    “He has not contacted any board members on this matter and we have never received any written offer from him.”

  50. TRFC, the MSM and the SFA stand together

    a fortress of corrupt corporate governance.

    .
    Against this alliance

    we stand together

    supporters across the land

    astride our internet steed

    a force of integrity against it

    for the soul of the game.

    .
    This is the way it is.

  51. StevieBC says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 22:07
    ‘..The asset ownership / financial forecasting / CW involvement / etc…issues shirley mean that the SFA/SFL/SPL cannot now facilitate any assistance to quicken Sevco’s promotion – as there is now too much – and very public – risk involved?
    ——-
    To the rational mind, that may be so.

    You will know from your history, though, that it was obvious to von Stauffenberg and many more in July 1944 that the Third Reich (don’t mention edinburgh trams!) was well and truly gefickt.

    But those who did not WANT to see were incapable of seeing, so wilfully blind were they to the truth and so certain of their status as the invincible ‘herrenvolk’.

    The readiness of the the SFA, the SMSM and most RIFC bloggers and posters to treat the disaster that RFC brought upon itself as no more than a minor misdemeanour by a favourite spoiled child, is similar to that of the die-hard ( not hard enough in my view!) Nazis.

    We have seen every effort-including secret intervention into the board room dispute- by the SFA to influence matters at RIFC so that some kind of ‘Rangers’ FC will be there to be accommodated ‘in the interests of Scottish football’.

    And including at every opportunity the wheeling out of players, managers, pundits, to parrot the mantra ‘scottish football needs a rangers- whatever the price in integrity and truth.

    What we have not seen is any kind of statement categorically ruling out any fast-tracking of whatever company or club emerges from the board-room bloodbath by phony re-structuring and/or disregard of the rules which have been and continue to be applied diligently to all other clubs.

  52. john clarke says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 22:44

    0

    0

    Rate This

    _________________________________

    I am formally invoking Godwin’s Law JC.:D Expect to have to explain yourself to Vincent Lunny in the ante meridian. 😆

  53. CG: You, you, you’ve had to make the decision, and their story’s so compelling, I’ve convinced you.

    CW: Yeah.

    CG: Now I might have conned you stupid, might have conned you stupid, but you have to make a decision don’t you?

    CW: Yeah, yeah, that’s right.

    CG: ..and on the basis of what you’ve heard from Blue Knights, Miller; and with respect with you Brian, this is a seriously different deal.

    CW: Yeah. That’s right.

    CG: So you’ve backed it.

    CW: Yeah, Br..Br..Brian’s a ……….

  54. resin_lab_dog says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 22:51
    ‘..I am formally invoking Godwin’s Law JC.:D Expect to have to explain yourself to Vincent Lunny in the ante meridian. :lol:’
    —–
    Nay, rather, I will insist that he explain himself to me! (:

  55. manandboy says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 22:38
    ‘…Against this alliance…’
    —-
    Could you put that to music? Has a certain ring about it, and we could do with an anthem.

  56. john clarke says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 22:56

    3

    0

    Rate This

    _____________________________

    Touchez. Get out of jail free.

  57. iamacant says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 19:58
    5 4 Rate This

    It’s an out take from “The Life of Brian” …
    ————-

    Or not. At the end of that comedy everyone was claiming to be the real Brian! 😀

    If there are more recordings of the main characters rehersing last year’s Ibrox takeover script behind the scenes then surely that would put the ba well and truely on the slates?

  58. The Sun article was speculation. The Charlotte stuff is I think our hero. I still would like AT confirmation. One bell still ringing is a (well rumour) from Rangers rumours a week ago concerning property ownership at the shipwreck.
    We await the latest drama not so much with bailed breath. More a kind of resigned “so we told you why did you not listen

  59. PR Media `management` in this [2+ year] fracas has been rubbish, proved negative rubbish & expensive.

    Give all supporter’s their Money back & depart Scottish Football! – go spiv PR/con elsewhere

  60. Charlotte Fakeovers (@CharlotteFakes) says

    I have read your posts with interest and with a little cynicism and as in common with most on here wonder what brought you to TSFM, what is the motivation and the desire to share information now that wasn’t there before?

  61. Some interesting stuff emerging unintentionally today. Broadfoot from SFA revealed that the main objective of SFA is to maintain the silence on the Five way agreement ahead even of the complete meltdown at Ibrox and that said agreement was presented to all parties by Campbell – so much for him having no part in any of the processrs re: Rangers.
    They are not very good at this News manipulation lark. Good job for them that they live in a country without journalists to report on their activities.

  62. briggsbhoy says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 23:12

    0

    0

    Rate This

    Charlotte Fakeovers (@CharlotteFakes) says

    I have read your posts with interest and with a little cynicism and as in common with most on here wonder what brought you to TSFM, what is the motivation and the desire to share information now that wasn’t there before

    ——————————————————————————————————-

    I suppose its a complement of sorts……but yes, handle with care and have a large bucket of salt to hand……just in case 😉

  63. john clarke says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 22:59
    1 0 Rate This
    manandboy says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 22:38
    ‘…Against this alliance…’
    —-
    Could you put that to music? Has a certain ring about it, and we could do with an anthem.

    I couldn’t – but I’m sure James MacMillan could.

  64. Briggs
    Caigie wants you all to know there’s loads more tapes.
    Mans a genius. Well bordering on.

  65. Can I just mention that I took my son and my nephew to the Motherwell V Ross County game and enjoyed the experience. Having a fortnight earlier been at the Malaga V Getafe game I have one observation. All the players I saw at the game in Spain were in general fit looking well toned athletes. Some of the guys on display yesterday were a bit on the heavy side and I would include one player who recently won an award and spent the night in a rather uncomfortable bed. I said to my son ” I tell you what there a few on display here that once they stopped playing football will be looking like Neil Ruddock or Gareth Southall as they are now”.

    Ps EBC. I was wondering the other day where you had gone so glad to hear that your back.

  66. ianagain says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 23:23

    Your showing your age Ianagain, nae tapes it’s all digital 🙂

  67. manandboy says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 23:18

    I couldn’t – but I’m sure James MacMillan could.
    ——
    Does he read this blog, I wonder?

    I don’t doubt his ability to compose a world-beater of a tune on the back of a fag packet, like the guy that wrote the music for the Marseillaise!

    If you’re reading this, James, how about having a go?

  68. john clarke says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 22:59
    Would best suit Leonard Cohen something? I love him.

  69. iceman63 says:
    Monday, May 13, 2013 at 23:14
    ‘.Broadfoot from SFA revealed that the main objective of SFA is to maintain the silence on the Five way agreement ahead even of the complete meltdown at Ibrox and that said agreement was presented to all parties by Campbell – so much for him having no part in any of the processrs re: Rangers.’
    ——-
    Where was this revealed, can you say, please?

    Many of us have seen CO as the eminence grise, stroking his white cat (like the wonderful Charles Gray in whatever Bond movie it was )while his underling minions in the SFA scurry about, tripping over their aprons, in fear and trepidation.

    The Bond movie was fictional evil. A conflicted SFA president is reality.

Comments are closed.